Mirror

I can feel myself... slipping

Things become sort of a muggy haze as the days go on, and people start to morph and drift and I can feel myself... changing.

Viewing people as characters and nearly letting things out that don't connect to the reality around me.

I can see the world around me changing the more I progress and I'm seeing things that I know aren't happening, but they feel so, real to me.

I feel I have this parasite and it's slowly gnawing away at my sanity as it's poison seeps into my brain and things become this inexplicable high pitched visible and tangible ringing.

It masks the pain of drifting further and further away from consciousness and on some level I know it's there, and I know it hurts.

But it's almost like there's this barrier of glass between me, like my mind is being split into two physical forms, and part of me is banging on the glass and screaming to get out and the other part of me is staring through the glass as the banging dulls and all the noises are reduced to a hum of radio static, because the glass is just a mirror and I'll never see her.

But I can't ignore it because I can feel this cold shaking going through me like a scream to wake up, and I can't breathe, and there's this feeling of anxiety and paranoia that's screaming and crying on the floor in the corner.

 It's me, I can see myself deluded screaming, shaking and confused just helpless, being watched by the thousands.

And I want to run to her and hold her, tell her it's going to be okay and she's going to make it out of here.

But then the parasite tell's me it's going to okay.

Yeah I think it's going to be okay.

She'll be okay.