Chapter 9

Word Count: 1140

(Quackity's POV)

Purpled walked down behind Techno, crossbow in arm.

"Purpled, Bad, Purpled," I said, as if introducing them for the first time.

"Alright, then- where's this Egg Quackity?" Techno said in a playful voice, walking over next to me.

"Right over here Techno, right over here," I said, showing him the Egg, even though he already knew where it was.

"WHAT?" screamed Bad. "PURPLED - WE HIRED YOU TO- TO TAKE OUT PUFFY, AND YOU JOIN THE ENEMY SIDE?!"

"Bad, to be frank with you... Quackity just had the better price," Purpled said calmly, still not lowering his crossbow.

"Oh my goodness..." Bad started, shaking his head. "AND TECHNO! YOU- YOU AND QUACKITY ARE- ARE ENEMIES, WHY WOULD YOU SIDE WITH HIM?!"

"Listen. Listen, Bad, I didn't wanna work with this guy either, but this Egg, this Egg, it's going too far. It's warpin' people's minds, it's controllin' them, it has no plans on stoppin', until it controls the entire worl- I swear to God, if this dog keeps dying on this magma block-" Techno said; easily got side-tracked. I suppressed laughter. "It has no plans on stoppin', and this Egg stands for everything... It's the epitome of everything I stand against as an anarchist! And if I don't stop it now, it'll be the end of the world. So yeah, I'm workin' with Quackity!" Techno finished, almost proudly. I didn't know why, but his last sentence made my cheeks feel warm all of a sudden - maybe it was just hot in here?

"No... No, we're not gonna allow you to stop this plan! We still outnumber you! It's four against three!" shouted Bad, poising in a defensive position.

I saw a momentary gleam in Puffy's eyes; as though she had a plan.

"Not for long," Puffy said, splashing herself with a Strength III potion and whipping out a netherite axe. "ANTFROST, YOU'RE DEAD!"

She charged towards Ant, killing him in 3 hits.

"WHAT?" Punz screamed, but Techno was already loading fireworks into his crossbow, and starting to fight him. Punz, being one of the best at PVP (though Techno obviously was better), immediately started fighting back, and from the look on Techno's face, I knew he knew Punz was a challenge.

Techno's dogs appeared out of nowhere, attacking Ponk. Ponk tried to fight back but it was no use.

Bad hit Purpled from behind, making him jump onto some magma. I immediately went over, but Bad slashed me with his sword. I felt a searing pain in my shoulder where he did, but didn't fret, as I had a supply of golden apples. I bit into one, and my wound resealed itself, leaving no trace that I had ever been hurt there.

Bad scoffed and also ate a golden apple.

"Bad I've always told you, I've told you for so long, this STUPID Egg thing is bringing trouble, nothing but trouble Bad!" I screamed.

"STOP! LET'S GO!" Bad screamed, Hannah and Ponk following him, as he surrendered into the labyrinth of tunnels surrounding the room.

I looked around for Techno, but he was nowhere to be seen. Funny enough, not one of his dogs were in sight, as if he'd taken them all.

Though I felt worried, I knew I had to lead everyone to safety before I left for the place I called home.

The people stood frozen, gazing up at the Egg. They had just witnessed the murder of their friend: Foolish.

I didn't feel as if I had lost anything, as I didn't know Foolish well and he still had 2 canon lives yet, but nevertheless, I definitely knew that the Eggpire shouldn't have killed an innocent person.

"Okay, everyone, let's get out of here," I announced to everyone, looking for an exit. We couldn't go through the passageway we had dug beforehand, as we knew the Eggpire was taking refuge there.

"Hey Quackity, I think we can get atop the Egg and try dig upwards," Purpled suggested.

I stared upward and realised that he was right; we could dig up because the roof was made of dirt.

"Yeah, that might work, good thinking Purpled."

I climbed onto the Egg, and realised that it had no effect on me whatsoever. I got my shovel out and poked at the earth above me. After a few harsh hits, the dirt fell and light flooded into the dimly-lit room.

"Okay, guys follow me," I said, building a mini staircase up to the dirt. Everyone followed, cautiously watching the Egg as they climbed atop it.

I stuck my head out of the hole, making it big enough to exit through, using my shovel again. I felt the breeze hit my face again; it had been hours in that musty room, and I was grateful to see daylight again.

Everyone climbed out, and thanked me and Purpled, also Techno, though no-one questioned where he had left to.

Once everyone left, me and Sam agreed to barricade the Egg in obsidian, so that it couldn't affect anyone who came near it.

After doing that, I bid farewell to Sam and left for Techno's cabin. After venturing into the snowy tundra, I finally saw a speck of light, and I knew it was the cabin in the distance.

I spotted Carl, and he neighed at me. I smiled, and made to enter the cabin so I could find Techno.

(Techno's POV)

I heard Carl neigh, and looked outside to see Quackity outside. I jumped and hid the item in my hands behind the chair in the corner of the room.

"Techno?" Quackity called, entering. "Oh, there you are; why did you leave so suddenly?"

"I figured the people wouldn't take it well if I interacted with them," I said hastily.

"Ok, I was a bit worri-" He broke off and stared at the floor.

"Well, what did you do; was it all ok?" I asked to break the silence.

"Yeah, Sam and I sealed the Egg off with obsidian, everyones fine now. I'm not sure about Bad and the others, though I think that the Egg's effects must've worn off by now because it's been quarantined."

"Yeah that sounds fine," I said awkwardly. "Well, are you gonna stay or are you- are you leaving?" I asked tensely, really hoping that Quackity would stay; we'd really grown close.

"I mean, I could leave but- would you mind if I lived here? I- I really like it here," Quackity said, staring up at me.

"I wouldn't mind at all!" I said, forgetting to hide my excitement.

He chuckled and took off his cloak to put it in one of the pegs.

"Wait, Techno," he started staring at a corner. I looked at where he was looking; then I realised with a jolt that it was the thing I'd hidden behind a chair. "What's that?"

a/n

Hey guys, hope you had a good Easter. TOMMYS NOT A CHILD ANYMORE :( lol. Anyways, here's a new chapter for u all! Thx for 1k+ reads, it means so much to me, I never thought I'd get this far! Also happy bday to Bad cus it was his bday on the 2nd of April, and he's now 27, and Tommy (9th of April), and he's officially an adult!! Cliffhanger- sucks to be u, /j lol. SO CLOSE TO FINISHING CHPT10 I JUST NEED MOTIVATIONNNNN lol.

Stay hydrated :D

You are loved!