Despair. Solas x Lavellan

side note: saw a picture on deviantart 0madwhiterabbit0.deviantart.com/art/I-m-Too-Late-522006070 and felt like wanted to try to write something so yeah ... What I wanted to say the cred for the idea is hers :3 I asked her if it was okay to use her despair demon idea and she gave me permission

The sound of her own bones breaking echoed in her ears, numbing pain exploded in her chest. She found herself lying in a pool of warm liquid. It was not until she saw the red colour in the corner of her eyes she understood it was her own blood.

-No... no this is not right... I have not found him yet ... I have not told him everything yet...-

Despair started to seep into her, now she would never be able to see him again. Never again would she feel his warmth, when he left her she had left her cold inside. She grew colder as the thoughts grew darker. As she felt her life slip away like sand between the fingers Despair took over her, before she vanished she thought of him one last time.

oooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo

Solas found himself exploring a different part of the fade than planned. Something had called out for him with a hunting voice. Like an ice-cold breeze on bare skin it gave him goose bumps and made him shiver.

" Who is there? " He called out but received no answer only the hunting whisper of a voice that seemed to carry familiarity in it yet not.

He could turn around and walk away but something made him keep on moving forward. The fade itself seemed to grow colder as he proceeded. He readied his staff not liking the away how the fade twisted and turned around him. Dull screams echoed hunting him, as they grew in loudness he recognised his beloved's voice among them. Blindly he stumbled after the voice, the blood rushed in him, as the voice grew louder. Had she entered the fade physically again? Was she trapped? Questions mixed together with dark thoughts and pictures in his head as he picked up the pace.

" Vhenan !?" He called out but no answer and the scream died out.

Something flickered in the corner of his eyes; an ice beam rushed towards him and he barely avoided it as the hooded despair demon descended. Flames burst out from his hand as he readied the spell; the fire hit the right side of the demon's head and it let out a shrieking scream. Solas froze on the spot, the staff dropped to the ground and the fire died out. It was her voice, distorted yes but he could still recognise it. Still screaming the demon raised its hands to its head covering the face. Something glittering dropped from it and onto the ground.

He fell to his knees looking upon the despair demon; it felt like his heart had stop beating, like he was slowly freezing.

" I'm so sorry ma vhenan"