Episode 49 - The Ephialtes

"It's okay baby. It's okay" the dark brown eyes which was same as his orbs gazed at his softly with tears.

Her face bruised and yet it had a smile in her face.

A sad smile.

In a distance, he heard another man's wailing. He turned his face in that direction. He saw his father lying down beaten and thrashed like an animal.

"Father..." he whispered.

"Don't do this to my son" the battered man cried.

He heard a loud wicked vicious villainous laugh behind him that made him flinch in his place with utter terror and fright.

"It's okay baby. I love you"

The memory of those brown eyes smiling at him with those as her last words from her with a bullet piercing her soft body and tearing apart her heart made him startled and wide awake. Sweat was dripping down his face. His black shirt was drenched in sweat. He opened and closed his eyes and took deep breaths to calm himself. He had his eyes closed.

Why the hell am I getting these nightmares again? He wondered.

The nightmare stopped his way into his dream eversince he had his wife in his arms. Except for the one time when she triggered his memories without knowing which lead him panic attack. He sighed. He opened his eyes. Only then he realized, that he was in his study, all alone. Just him and the moon that was penetrating it's gaze through the windows.

God! The alcohol, he smelled himself. He reeked in alcohol along with sweat. He remembered how he asked his wife to have a small celebration in joining his company. Even though she was not joining particularly his company, he comprises Kim enterprise also. It is Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung together ruling the J and K massive quarters all over the world.

"Celebration?" She asked in a small voice.

"Come" Jungkook told her to follow.

They reached his study and he went straight to a high lamp that was on its usual place litting the entire place with it's source. Near to it there was a small glass slab and she always wondered why there were so many empty glass slab stuck on the light grey walls all over the massive study. He placed his palm over the glass slab that was directly adjacent to the lamp. Her eyes surprised when she saw the empty useless slab or that's what she thought was now scanning his fingerprints. Slowly the middle part of the grey wall opposite to high lamp, slided inside paving the way for another basement. She was totally astonished not by the fact the glass slab opened a way but how this entire mansion was constructed. Everyday is a surprise for her. She doesn't yet know how many other hidden private areas are there.

She entered the dark alley following him. The moment he stepped inside, the lights were hit automatically making the whole place visible. As she climbed down the stairs, she was flabbergasted on how the entire place looked sumptuously rich, extravagant and luxurious. It screamed modern. She saw a private bar around the corner in the basememt she was standing. She turned her focus on him who was already looking at her.

He took a liquor and one round glass and poured it for her. She looked at him questioning as why he didn't bring a glass for him.

"You can't handle drunken me" he chuckled which made her eyes wide.

She looked him. She also realized it would be best for him not to drink. She can imagine what can happen.

Saying nothing, picking the glass, she sipped the rich drink.

He sat in his chair, his legs on top of the table, he blankly stared at the walls of his study. Today was good more than he expected. The little conversation between them that happened during their so called celebration made him happy. He brought the liquor bottle in his hand and took a sip. He made sure he didn't drink when he was with her. There are times when alcohol made him violent, vulnerable and rageful. There are also times when it soothed pain. She left just having after two glasses and he was there sitting in the chair till he finished the bottle and fell asleep like he always avoided people when he is drunk.