Episode 47 - The Disappointment

He went straight to the balcony to face her after his conversation with Frank. Whatever the world says, he will be hers and she will be his. They both were made for each other. After the talk with him, Jungkook felt idiotic about scheduling a fake interview for Layla with one of his partner companies just to show her what he can do and his power. The interview was to just tell her, that she won't be selected and it is Jeon Jungkook behind this. But now he felt stupid and immature about his action. He had taken up so much responsibility and he had controlled so many situations by his wit and patience. But now he felt senseless on his act just because he wanted to show what power he has to her.

"Layla Do you have a minute?" Jungkook asked looking at the girl whose head was buried in a bunch of notebooks.

She looked up astonished to see Jungkook asking her before his talk. Her eyebrows furrowed on the sudden change on his behavior. Deep down she was afraid that he was here to tell her that he will stop her from going to tomorrow's interview. She didn't let her guard down.

"No I don't. You should go now. It can wait tomorrow" she immediately replied and went back to her work.

"Five minutes. I'll go. Listen to me" Jungkook told.

"Do not. I won't. If you are not leaving then I am" she started picking up her books ignoring him.

"Lay..." he started and she was already in the run.

It was morning. She was confident. When she reached the dining, she saw Jungkook, Taehyung and Frank having their breakfast. All three had a blank expression acrosee their face. Taehyung and Frank paid their attention when Layla grabbed a seat while her husband was focusing on his breakfast.

"You are prepared?" Taehyung asked.

"I am" she smiled.

She noticed how Frank left the table as soon as she sat down but Jungkook was more obvious. He didn't even spare a glance at her.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Layla asked Jungkook.

He placed his fork on the table. His dark brown eyes raised from his breakfast and landed on her. He was now listening on what she wants to say.

"Your men will leave me outside right?" she asked wanting to make sure as she doesn't want to draw attention.

"Okay" he told giving her another surprise. The job selection was being held in an auditorium. She was glad that Jungkook didn't argue on this.

Her mobile started ringing and she saw it was Juri.

Jungkook gazed at her who was busy on phone and soon she was in car leaving for the interview.

He picked his mobile, dialed his secretary number "Cancel all my appointments today". Taehyung looked at him but he understood what was going on and left for work.

He was going to take a day off. He removed his suit. Tossing his shirt and pant away, he wore a black trouser and tied his sneakers leaving his upper body bare. He went to the basement connected from his bedroom to work out again. Wrapping his boxing gloves around his hand, he started throwing punches on the punching bag. When is this gonna end? When is he gonna lead a peaceful life? Will he even have one? Questions surrounded his mind making his punches stronger and harder.

Images of his wife beamed infront of him. She will not get selected in the interview and he made sure of that. It was his idea of doing this silly action of faking an interview for her to make her realize strong he is. Honestly when she mocked him about his warning of not letting her leave the house again, he was furious. He was angry as she touched his ego. He wanted to show her the power he possess and she doesn't stand a chance against him. That would make him win against her. But it was later that he understood, he doesn't want to win against her. He wants her to understand him. Having her loose is not what he desires.