15

I sit in the living room, my eyes puffy from all of my crying. At this point I felt numb. I had packed everything that was my own, all of the suitcases packed in my car. I stare at the front door, trying to come up with something to say when he eventually walked through the door.

And he did, at two in the morning.

"Malaki?" His eyes widen as he sees me on the couch. "What are you still doing up?"

"Waiting." I say, keeping my eyes on him. "I'm not sure how happy your work will be to know you're losing sleep to work overtime."

"Um, well, sometimes we get way too much to fill out during the office hours." He stutters out.

"We? Who helps you with the work?"

"My assistant, Liam."

"Oh that's so kind of him. He's so young, I would've assumed he'd want to hang out with his friends on a night like this." I stand up, walking over to him. "You know, when I first saw him, I couldn't help but think about how much he looked like me. Well, when I was twenty three. When we first met. Crazy right?"

"Yeah." He says, his gorgeous brown eyes shifting around the room. I hated that I still found him so handsome, after what he did.

"So I got an interesting message today, would you like to see it?" I place my hand on his arm, the feeling no longer felt comfortable, not that it ever really did. He never made me feel like Nick did.

"Oh, I'm pretty tired. Maybe tomorrow."

"Come on, the video is pretty short, and rather, unimpressive." My voice was ice cold. I pull out my phone. "My favorite part, is seeing my husband fucking a twenty four year old." I play the video of them in the hallway of their workplace.

"That's not me."

"Maybe not, but these are." I scroll to the photos of their emails.

"Malaki, I-I'm so sorry."

"You're sorry? For cheating? For sleeping with someone half your age? For acting like you loved me? For leaving me to think I did something wrong? No you're not! You're just sorry you got caught." I say between my clenched teeth.

"I'll end it! I'm so sorry." He falls to his knees and I step back.

"No, Derek, we're done. I can never trust you again." I look down at my ring finger and slip it off. I feel a tear slip from my eye as I hand it to him. "We were never meant to be, and I was a fool for trying."