5

Nick hadn't been feeling well for a while now. We postponed our wedding due to a massive sickness he had been having. I was sick of it and finally decided to take him to the hospital.

After hours of waiting, checkups, needles and more, we were about to hear what was wrong with him.

I had to admit that I was scared something was wrong, but maybe it was just a prolonged flew.

"Nick Walter?" A doctor stepped out from behind a white door.

"Yes?" Nick stood up and made his way over to the doctor, me following closely.

"Your results are back, you may want to sit down for this." I watched him nervously as Nick sat down.

"What is it?"

"You have a brain tumor." He stayed quietly.

My eyes widened and filled with tears.

"Please tell me you said the wrong name. That can't be true." I turned to the doctor, my hands shaking.

"I'm afraid it's true. Your boyfriend here has about three months to live if he doesn't get the surgery. If he does then he might survive, but there is no guarantee."

I turned to Nick and sat next to him, my hand grabbing his. I had to stay strong for him.

"When can I get the surgery done?" He asked quietly.

"In three weeks." The doctor replied.

"I want it."

I missed him so much. I would give anything to have him back. He shouldn't have died.

Why did bad things happen to good people?