One

I was fuming mad.

Never in all my life...

"Fetch you?!" I growled to myself and paced about my house.

I must have touched every surface of my house in frustration and antsy movement.

I couldn't sit still, as mad as I was at Paul I couldn't help but worry about the jerk.

I thought about changing so I would be able to stay connected to them through the mind link, but I didn't want to add to the already long list of things Paul was mad at me for.

I turned on the television and began mindlessly flipping through the channels. When I got through all the channels twice I gave up and turned it off altogether.

So I went to the kitchen.

I opened the pantry and found stuff to make cookies. I grabbed a large bowl and a wooden spoon and started mixing the ingredients. I went into the refrigerator and grabbed the wet ingredients to add.

As I slowly stirred my eyes began to moisten over with tears and soon I began to bawl.

I miss my imprint.

Stupid, arrogant, possessive, over protective asshole jerk... "I miss you." I sighed as I wiped my tears away.

I miss him holding me and kissing me and now because of my stubborn attitude I could lose him.

My father walked into the kitchen and I just broke down.

I told him about my argument with Paul, and the couldn't stop crying...full on ugly crying now. "...And what's worse, I didn't even get to tell him bye before he left to fight...God...What if something happens to him?"

Dad couldn't even get a word in edgewise before I was onto my next worry.

"And even if he is alright, what if he hates me, hates the fact that I'm so reckless and childish and fucking dramatic...Is it possible for imprints to fall out of love?"

He sighed, "Lace...you know him better than anyone and I don't believe for one second he doesn't adore the very ground you walk on...and as much as I hate to admit it...he's a decent guy who only wants what's best for you."

"Thanks Dad."

"Now...mind explaining why you filed to mention that you spent the night with a family of vampires?"

I sighed, "I couldn't tell you." I lied.

He gave me a deadpan expression, "I may not be a shifter Lacey Ateara...but I can assure you I know the tribes legends as well as anyone and my father drilled the pack's treaty into my brother and I until we could recite it in our sleep...and I believe it says you cannot tell a PALE face...last I checked I'm far from pale."

"Sorry." I replied.

He sighed and pulled me into a hug as he tried to comfort me. "He'll be ok, You'll see him later." He tried to assure me. "I have to go in for the night shift so I don't want Paul over too late." He said as he grabbed his gun belt and then walked out the door.

Of course he would lift his "no boys" rule now that Paul was upset with me, When he left I felt alone once more.

I was too sad to make cookies, people that are sad should never have to bake.

I left the contents of the unbaked cookies in the refrigerator and then made my way back into the living room. I laid on the couch and waited until Paul would send somebody for me.

Time moved slowly and the day seemed to drag on. Hour after hour passed and still no word on if the pack was alright or not. I was beginning to start worrying again when my doorbell rang.