Abducted

{Lacey}

I sat in between Jared and Emily.

I'm not sure what Emily had stuck me with but it sure made me groggy.

Emily had come to try and convince me that running the Cullen's out of Forks WOULD be for the best, and all I "had to do" was shift and use my weird mystical wolf powers.

But I refused.

Again, I've personally never met them, but from what I've heard they are pretty decent, they can't help what they are any more than I can, also it would ultimately hurt Jacob seeing as one of his best friend's is dating one.

"Why bother them?" I had asked, "They don't mess with us and seeing how one of them is even the head doctor in town it seems like they're actually an asset to the town."

Jared had growled at that, ranting that I sounded like a leech lover, and that it was the Cullens fault that we were shifting in the first place.

But that couldn't be true.

From what I gather they've been here for a while, and since they don't pose a threat there haven't been shifters in decades (from what Aunt Joy told me),  they there were wild vampires out there like the one who'd caused Mr Clearwaters heart attack.

Now those vampires, the bad ones..,I wouldn't mind helping to keep them away.

"Emily, I know you mean well but I just don't see how making the Cullen's leave is going to solve things. We will always be wolves until the day we stop shifting. Then more vampires will come and a new pack of wolves will spring up." I played the entire conversation with her and Jared back in my mind over and over.

My neck was starting to hurt from the way it was lopping around, but I didn't have enough strength to hold my head up. Also my knee was burning from the gash I now had, I began playing back that scene as well.

Emily stuck a needle containing something bright pink, right into my arm and I fell forward. She tried to pick me up but only managed my upper torso, she dragged me down the steps and my limp leg caught the edge of the bottom stairs, it ripped my skin open before Jared finally acted by picking me up.

At least he had the nerve to look somewhat worried. "Em, I don't know about this." He sounded a little skeptical and slightly anxious.

She reminded him what this was for and then told him to pull it together before she ran off to get whatever vehicle they'd brought.

"Don't do this." I slurred.

"Sam is your Pack master now, so what Sam wants we give it to him." Jared spouted off, sounding like a mindless robot.

I was snapped out of my thoughts and back to the present as Emily suddenly pulled the truck to a violent halt. Jared picked me up easily and brought me into an old worn out looking barn.

"This is my late uncles farm." Emily said sweetly. "Leah and I use to love to play hide an seek in here when we were girls."

Suddenly Sam walked out. He kissed Emily lovingly as he placed a hand on emily's belly and then spoke to me. "Lacey, we are not going to hurt you."

'Yeah because you need me.' I thought silently.

"We are only going to hold you here until Paul can come to his senses...Your imprint is very adamant about the well being of you and we don't want to make Paul any angrier than I'm sure he already is." Sam said, calmly trying to justify abducting me and holding me against me will. "You will be safe and well taken care of here, you're one of my pack members and I would do anything to protect the people of my tribe as well as my pack." He finished.

I hadn't noticed Emily leave but suddenly she was back. "Here, I've made you a picnic, Jared will be staying with you. There are cots, pillows, and blankets in there." Emily said cordially as if she didn't inject me with something and then help abduct me. "I will be back in the morning with breakfast right after my Doctor's appointment."

I couldn't believe how cavalier they were being. This was wrong.

"Paul will find me!" I declared weakly "and so will my cousins and my father...they will NOT be happy about this."

Jared looked at Sam worriedly. "Sam, Quin Ateara is a cop."

"When they come we will be ready... Until then, eat and rest... We have big things planned for you little sister." Sam said with a smile.

'Little sister' the words made my stomach churn, no one would use their little sister as a weapon against innocent beings.

This included the Cullen's.

Sure they're cold ones, vampires...but they are vamps that feed on animals. How does that make them any different than anyone who eats a burger? They weren't hurting anyone, so why should we hurt them?

Because Sams a bully. And all a bully is, is someone who's scared and is too blind to see it. If you ask me, it seems like Sam is the threat, not the Cullen's.

Sam is clearly blind with this power trip, but I just know I will be alright, even if it is because I'm needed alive.

I was getting my senses back, "I can walk." I admitted and Jared set me on my feet.

I slowly followed behind him, knowing there was no real use in running.

I sat there and ate, knowing in my bones that my Paul would find me, and save me.

And for all of those involved, I genuinely felt very sorry for them.

I sat there and ate, I thought about how long I'd be here, how grandfather would react, dad would be pissed too...

'Shit' I suddenly remembered. My father doesn't even know I've shifted, what a fucked up way for him to find out.

I looked down at the plate of food Emily had supplied me with sadly, I couldn't help but wonder if my Dad would hate me, the same way he hated Paul...he called him a freak of nature, but that's exactly what I am now.

But all of this meant little to nothing as I'm holed up here in some dusty old place Emily said she and Leah use to come to when they were children.

I looked over at Jared, I could tell he was uncomfortable...then it clicked. I can just get myself out of here...I mean I'm here being able to supposedly get people to do what I want, but how?

"Jared let me go." I said calmly.

Nothing.

"Jared!" I shouted and he turned to look at me, "Let me go." I said calmly once again.

I watched as he pulled a earbud out, "Finished eating?"

He asked as He got up and made his way over to me.

I shrugged, "May as well be."

He nodded and He took out a handkerchief, "Sorry about this." He said

"Wait No...-"

He tied the cloth around my mouth and behind my head so that I held the material between my teeth, before he did the same with my hands behind my back.

"And don't try and shift... there's no use Lacey."

I knew there really was no use in struggling against the material, it would rub my skin raw eventually and as I can't shift I didn't want to risk breaking my skin and getting an infection in this dirty place.