nine.

"How do you know the Dora Milaje?" Bucky demanded once Ayo left. "What did she mean when she said you helped me?" He grabbed her arm to refrain her from leaving.

Lorna sighed.

"It's exactly as she said. I was in Wakanda during your stay, and I helped Shuri with deleting the Winter Soldier programming in your head."

"Why?"

"Why?" Lorna huffed. "Because you needed the help. Isn't it enough reason?"

Bucky shook his head and ran his hand through his short hair in frustration.

"You said you joined HYDRA willingly."

Lorna pursed her lips.

"I didn't know back then. I didn't know it was HYDRA. I joined them because my siblings did, and I couldn't leave them."

"So it wasn't because you agreed with their ideals?"

"It wasn't."

Bucky gazed at her for a moment, trying to figure her out with that new information. He had a set image of her once she said she chose HYDRA. But now, things were different. She helped him; she wanted to protect her siblings. It didn't make her a bad person.

"I'm sorry," his voice was barely a whisper as he let go of her arm.

"As surprising as it may come, I want to help you, Barnes." There was nothing but honesty in her eyes.

"Bucky."

"Sorry?"

"You can call me Bucky."

Lorna nodded, feeling like the two of them had finally reached an understanding.

They returned to Zemo's place in awkward silence, just in time when its owner left the bathroom after taking a shower.

"Well, the Wakandans are here." The White Wolf declared. "They want Zemo. Bought us some more time."

"Were you followed?" Sam asked.

"You mean besides by Lorna?" The blue-eyed man nodded to the woman. "No."

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo challenged.

"Cause I know when I'm being followed."

"So, what, you let Lorna follow you?"

"I took a different route," she clarified, heading to the bar for a drink. The entire interrogation thing was getting old pretty fast.

"It was sweet of you to defend me, at least," Zemo commented.

"Hey, you, shut it. No one's defending you," Sam shot. "You killed Nagel."

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?"

Lorna hid a smirk with her glass.

"There's nothing to litigate. You straight shot the man!"

"Sam," Bucky grabbed their attention, focusing on his phone. "Karli bombed a GRC supply depot."

"What?"

"What's the damage?" Lorna stood beside Bucky to see the news on his phone.

"Eleven injured, three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met."

"She's getting worse," Zemo pointed out. "I have the will to complete this mission. Do the three of you?"

"She's just a kid," Sam said.

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there. You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers."