eight.

It turned out that Sharon's luxurious apartment was also an art gallery with several priceless, original works

It turned out that Sharon's luxurious apartment was also an art gallery with several priceless, original works. Stolen works, of course.

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well," Sam observed.

"At some point, I thought if I had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a hustler. You know how much I can get for a real Monet?"

"Easy. Deactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monets."

"No," corrected Zemo. "She means real. This gallery specializes in stolen artwork. Monet. Van Gogh. Classics."

"They're legit," Lorna supported.

"It's true," Bucky agreed. "You know, half the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake. Real stuff sits in places like this."

Sam fished out his phone.

"Okay, guys, I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam." He typed on his phone.

"Yeah. What's Google say?"

"No shit," Sam breathed in astonishment.

"Come on!" Sharon called. "You guys need to change. I'm hosting clients in an hour."

Lorna changed into the type of clothing she was most accustomed to wearing. A pair of black skinny pants, combat boots, and a black jacket over a gray shirt. She took off her makeup but left her hair in a ponytail, finding it easier to maneuver.

Once she returned to the living room, she spotted Bucky lounging on a couch and Zemo nursing a drink that he offered her, upon seeing her return. She eyed it suspiciously before taking a sip.

"What's wrong, Sharon?" Sam asked, putting on a turtle neck. "You don't ever wanna come back home?"

"They'll lock me up if I step a foot back in the States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition."

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't call, but after the Blip and the chaos, I just..."

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke, right? I mean, the way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all hypocrisy."

"He knows," Zemo voiced. "And not so deep down."

"Why's everyone lashing out at me for that shield?" Sam threw his hands up in frustration.

🐺

Lorna had liked Sharon. But Lorna soon noticed that the closeness the former SHIELD agent displayed with Bucky was bothersome. She sympathized with his situation and wanted to support him. It was frustrating to see a random woman joke and tease him effortlessly.

Zemo watched in amusement as Lorna downed her scotch and tried not to glare daggers at the woman who helped them despite her protests.

"Karli Morgenthau and at least seven others have taken the serum," Sam focused on what led them there in the first place.