chapter 12

nausea, vomiting, and confusion

In the auditorium lounge, Chen Zhiyu put on his gold-rimmed glasses and worked on his laptop. Xia Yubin pushed the door and walked over, calling out softly, "Mr. Chen, there are still ten minutes left before the presentation time."

Chen Zhiyu didn't even raise his head, always looking at the documents in his hand, Secretary Li hurried over and told Xia Yubin to leave, "Mr. Chen doesn't like to be disturbed when he's working."

Xia Yubin knew Secretary Li, he was Chen Zhiyu's right-hand man, he whispered, "I am the student representative, I am responsible for following Mr. Chen throughout the whole process."

Only when he heard the words "student representative" did Chen Zhiyu raise his head and gave Xia Yubin a bland look, "Isn't the student representative Xia Qing Shu? Who are you?"

Xia Yubin froze, he and Chen Zhiyu had already met, so why hadn't he recognised him?

"Xia Qing Shu had something to do and couldn't come, I came to help out on a temporary basis." Xia Yubin said.

"What's up with him?"

"I don't know, he's usually rather confused, I think he might have taken a wrong turn."

"Secretary Li, you go and find out." Chen Zhiyu finished speaking and returned his attention to the documents.

Secretary Li made a "please" gesture, indicating Xia Yubin to go out, Xia Yubin was a bit anxious and his voice was slightly higher, "Mr. Chen, don't you remember me?"

Chen Zhiyu did not look up, nor did he say anything. Secretary Li stopped in the centre, "This student, please leave."

He had seen these kinds of people a lot, always thinking that if they had met with his boss once, they were an acquaintance. They would stick to him whenever they had the chance.

The boss abhorred this.

Xia Yubin: "Mr. Chen, I'm Xia Shan's brother. I accidentally bumped into you at the hospital the other day and haven't paid for your clothes yet."

Only when he heard the name "Xia Shan" did Chen Zhiyu look up at him, his tone still impersonal, "Secretary Li." Secretary Li stepped forward, "Xia, just give me the money for the clothes, Mr. Chen doesn't like to talk much."

Xia Yubin stood unmoving, his insides rippling. Hearing Chen Zhiyu's tone, he seemed to know Xia Qing Shu, although he didn't say a lot of words, the concern revealed in his words was not fake.

What happened, the old Chen Zhiyu still knew Xia Qing Shu through him, didn't he hate Xia Qing Shu the most?

The recent Xia Qing Shu, too, seemed different from before.

"Student Xia, just scan the code and pay."

Seeing Xia Yubin frozen in a daze, Secretary Li gently touched him.

Xia Yubin came back to his senses, "Excuse me, I'll be right there."

After paying 100,000 yuan, Xia Yubin was "invited" out of the lounge.

There were a few students standing at the door, looking at him as he was invited out, with their lips curled down, probably gossiping about him behind his back. Shortly afterwards, Secretary Li came out of the lounge and found a fellow volunteer, "Do you know the phone number of Mr. Xia Qing Shu? He is the student representative, Mr. Chen has something to ask him."

The fellow volunteer gave Secretary Li the number, which he called, but didn't get through.

"What a joke, thinking he could fill in if Xia Qing Shu couldn't come, but it turns out Mr. Chen would rather send someone to find Xia Qing Shu than him."