chapter 13

overbearing president here to support

Xia Lao Er shouted at Zhou Chuan and the lawyer, murderous anger and spittle flying. If he had a knife in his hand, he might have thrown it at them. It was only when the medical staff reminded him to keep his voice down and not to disturb the patient that he calmed down a little.

Only then did Xia Qingshu realise that the man who usually acted like a coward at home as if a grandson, was so rigid and manly when his family was in trouble.

If not for the bad timing, he would have wanted to wave the flag for Xia Lao Er.

Xia Qing Shu secretly thought to himself, he had finally known how to make Xia Lao Er and Old Man Xia break off their relationship once and for all.

Zhou Chuan picked up his gold-rimmed glasses and calmly took two steps back, gesturing for his lawyer to come forward.

Xia Qing Shu was simply unable to communicate, and his parents were the best people to communicate with, despite their crankiness.

The lawyer withstood Xia Lao Er’s storm of verbal abuse and said loudly, “Sir, please calm down, I am my client’s lawyer. What has happened has already happened, there is no use cursing anymore, let’s settle down and discuss Xia Qing Shu’s subsequent treatment.”

“Old man, I will sell my iron and house to cure my son, I don’t need your fake kindness.” Xia Lao Er picked up the broom and tried to shoo him out the door.

The lawyer revealed his identity, “Mr. Xia, do you know about the big Zhou family?”

Xia Lao Er said in a low mumble, “Yes. What’s the matter with the Zhou family?”

Seeing Xia Lao Er’s appearance, the lawyer had a good idea, “My client is from the Zhou family.”

The Chen, Zhou, He and Xia families were the four main families in the city, with the Chen family at the head and the Zhou family being one of them, ranked second.

During the Republican era, the Zhou family had started out by running a newspaper and was now involved in the nation’s media industry. A notorious media tycoon in the industry, the Zhou family’s reputation had reached the point where it was considered a household name.

Xia Lao Er’s face changed with the naked eye, and his original arrogance seemed to be doused by a pot of water.

As the saying goes, people do not fight with the powerful. If they have money and power, they can use it to kill you.

Xia Lao Er is almost fifty years old and has been in the underclass for so many years that it is impossible for him not to know these rules.

A young man in their production team was beaten half to death by a man in the county, and his family refused to compromise. In less than a year, someone in the production team saw the assailant bouncing in a disco, and the young man’s family went to ask for an explanation, but it was said that the assailant had done well in prison and his sentence was reduced, and he was now on parole.

Xia Lao Er knows the dangers of society. He had no power and was afraid that his impulsiveness would delay his son’s best treatment. After learning that the assailant was from the Zhou family, he was instantly hesitant.

“So what about the Zhou family, ah, so what, the Zhou family can get away with beating people up?!”

Yelling out these words, Xia Lao Er’s aura weakened by at least fifty percent, “You rich people are not allowed, great, I give you this, you must cure my son, or I will sacrifice this old life to fight to the end ……”