Chapter 4 - A Call And A Date

Dedication: Emilykk2 because you voted for my 5SOS One Shots. Thank you very much.

Chapter 4 - A Call And A Date

But this time Ashton doesn't expect a call.

And when 3 weeks later his phone rings in the evening while he's sitting on his couch he jumps 5 feet in the air.

"'elo?" He says, his mouth full of pizza. Expecting it to be work.

Noone else ever calls him.

"Hey, this is Calum."

Ashton swallows heavily and tries not to cough.

"Oh, wow. Hey."

He's happier than he'd ever care to admit.

"Well. I thought I kind of, could take on your offer? I'm off uni now, no homework for the first time in forever. Since I know you live close to here. I thought I could come over?"

"How'd you know that?"

Ashton didn't mean to come across as incredibly rude, but the last time he brought Calum back to his place, the boy was out like a candle.

"I.Ahm. I saw you get off the bus, once."

Ashton chuckeled.

"Nice. Stalking. But, sure. Come over. I'll text you the adress."

Before he could rethink what he said, Calum was on his way.

Ashton jumped up from the couch.

Thankfully he always ate right out of the carton, so there was no washing up to do.

For the next 20 minutes, he ran around the flat, trying to scoop up dirty clothes and trash.

After that he jumped in the shower, trying to rid himself from the dirt of the day.

Just as he steps out of the shower, the doorbell rings.

Great first impression, he thinks, when he opens the door.

Still dripping wet and a towel hung low around his waist.

Calum grins at him. "Sooo. that kind of date is that?"

"It's a date?" Ashton smirks back.

Calum averts his eyes to the ground, trying to hide his blush.

"I'm sorry. I tried to make my place look decent. Than I tried to make myself look decent in the short amount of time. Not an easy task."

"Well, you suceeded." Calum nods towards Ashtons naked abs.

Ashton smiled shyly and stepped aside to let Calum in.

He showed him to the couch, while he scrambled through his clothes to find something clean and suitable.

"Sorry, about that. I didn't. I don't know. I didn't want to make a weird impression."

"You know, last time you were wearing green leggings."

Ashton grinned widely, while he sat down nexto Calum.

"Hungry?" He asked.

Ashton was about to pick up the phone and call the pizza place again, when Calum shot him a questioning look.

"How about cooking?"

Ashton looked at him with tinted cheeks, setting the phone down slowly.

"I don't have. I don't know."

"No problem. I can make food out of anything."

What Calum didn't want to admit was, that he clearly had no money to spend for expensive take out food. And frankly he didn't bring any money today. He wasn't that poor. But he'd rather spend his money on Anna, than ordering food.