Chapter 7 - Hope and Crushed Dreams

Dedication: InsanityIsBetter, because I love your name. And you lovely person voted for a Cashton One Shot of mine.

Chapter 7 - Hope and Crushed Dreams

Of course Calum got himself tested.

He didn't have the same blood type. And his mother as sadly not in the condition to donor a kidney.

The fairy dust did help tho'.

Two months later luckily there was a donor found for Anna.

She'll survive.

She'll live.

When he got the good news it was Calum first move to grab his phone.

Calum wanted to call Ashton. Tell him.

That was the natural thing to do. What he wanted to do. But he didn't. He couldn't.

The operation went fine and a couple of weeks later. 

Calum sat down nexto the empty hospital bed.

First he wanted to thank the donor. But, they the donor wanted his name to be kept secret.

A little odd. But he aved his sister. Calum wasn't going to object.

Calum wanted to tell Ashton. Tell him everything. Call him. But he didn't.

Because he knew. He fucked up. And if he wanted to win Ashton back. He had to do it big time.

But big time.

What does big time mean?

What is big enough to show someone that you loved, that you still love, that you didn't mean anything you said? That you would do anything to get them back.

Anything.

So when Anna was fit enough, he scraped up the money and took her to Disney land. To visit a "special" friend. Of course Anna knew. She always did. She was a bright little kid.

Once they arrived at the Neverland ride and he saw that familar set of curls. His heart started to beat like crazy.

They came closer and closer.

And Anna hugged his legs from behind.

"Hey there little girl."

The boy said.

Peter Pan said. Not Ashton.

Because that wasn't Ashton.

Calum's heart dropped.

This wasn't Ashton.

When Anna was caught up in something else, he dared to ask.

"Where is Ashton? The guy who played Peter Pan before?"

"The guy looked at him funny. 

Figured he was serious, tho'.

"Yeah, Ashton. He left. Said he had to get his life together. Showed me around. Awsome dude. Said he needed to move on. Said something happened that showed him he had to man up. That he couldn't be a kid all his life. Funny innit. Him being Peter Pan and all."

"Yeah. Funny." Calum answered.

He gulped. He missed him. Ashton left. Ashton quit his dream of being Peter Pan to become a man. Just like Calum said. He felt terrible.

"Where'd he go?"

"Dunno man. Sorry. Talk to James. The technician of the ride tho'. They were close I heard."