5. Secrets Revealed

Headquarters, Crime Investigation Offices - 6/28, 9:24 am

"Are you home by any chance?" "Yes, I'm just packing up right now and my brother is here, helping me." "I was wondering if today is a good time to ask you some questions regarding your mother?" 

There's a quiet silence on the other line, but Marina instantly answers Shawn's question. "O-Of course, but what does my mom have to do with Mark's murder?" Marina asks. 

"I spoke with your mother-in-law yesterday, and she mentioned her husband, whose name is Reagan Thomas, being murdered in 2002. Your mother was a witness and testified her alibi. Did you know that your mother and Mark's father had a love affair before he was killed?" 

Marina knew about her mother's love affair, but she didn't know it was actually Mark's father. And the way Shawn explained his statement, sounded very similar to Mark's affair with Wendy.

What if Shawn figured out that Marina is the culprit?

"Well, my mom never mentioned her love affair. If Mark's father was killed in 2002, I was probably like nine years old," Marina said, so calmly behind her nervous tone. 

"You're right, well, I would like to know more about your family. I also found out about the murder of your father back in 1999, two years before Mark's father was killed. I want to discuss that with you in person, as well as for your brother." 

Marina couldn't believe she got herself into this mess and kind of regretted bringing the police into this.

"Alright, fine by me," Marina said, in a challenging voice. Shawn smirks and hangs out before he glances over to Chase. 

"Chase, I'm going to go on ahead now." Chase nods and they both went on their separate ways.

Chase takes his car to Mark's family home while Shawn drives down to Marina's apartment.

Shawn thinks this murder case had become tangled at some point, knowing Marina and Mark's father were killed by an unknown killer when they were young.

"I'm going to need to check on those murder cases after I'm done with interviewing Marina. 

As Shawn drives to Marina's apartment home, Marina alerts Minhyuk about Shawn's arrival and will be asking them questions regarding their father's death. 

Marina hints that Mark's murder has something similar to her father's death and had already planned on what to say to the detective.

Marina's Apartment Home - 9:45 am

A few minutes later, Shawn has finally arrived at Marina's place and knocks on the door. 

He sees the door being opened by Marina and his fingers fumble in nervousness and his heart uncontrollably beating in his chest. 

Shawn never felt like this before, but he knows he shouldn't and to stay as professional as he can be. "Mrs. Thomas, I-" "Detective Smith, just call me Marina." Shawn nods and is let inside.

Shawn looks around, her home is almost half empty, and boxes are surrounded everywhere. "I see you're really moving back to your old home," Shawn said. 

"Yeah, I only have Minhyuk, so..." Marina awkwardly speaks, avoiding the detective's gaze and Shawn notices her shy movements which he finds adorable. 

"Detective Smith, I assume you wanted to ask us some more questions regarding Mark's murder case?" Minhyuk asks as he abruptly barges from the bathroom.

"Well, this time, it's not about Mark's murder, but the murders that happened in both years, 1999 and 2002. Your father's murder and also the murder of Mark's father."