44. A Truth Of Desires

With just a couple of hours left til Marina confronts Isaac before his final fate. 

Marina had just taken a shower while Shawn was preparing to head to HQ for the evening shift. 

"Alright, I'm gonna head out. I won't be back until one in the morning," Shawn notifies Marina. 

"Take your time, babe. I'll be fine on my own," Marina reassures Shawn and since he has built enough trust towards Marina while almost a month pregnant, he grabs her hand and raises it towards his lips where he places a small kiss on her diamond ring.

Marina lets out a small giggle as his breath tickles against her fingers. Shawn bids one final goodbye to Marina before stepping out of their bedroom and out towards the door. 

A moment ago, Marina had reminded Shawn that she would be fine on her own, and well, Minhyuk won't be with her as he will be staying over the night with Kyle at his studio apartment.

"Marina, I'm also gonna head out. Kyle said he needs me for some project he's working on," Minhyuk calls as he steps foot inside her bedroom. 

"Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself? I saw on the news that it's gonna be raining a lot with thunder." Minhyuk becomes a bit timid of Marina's loneliness in this empty house.

"Minhyuk, I may look weak because I'm a woman in my mid-twenties and carrying a baby, but I'll be fine. Besides, Shawn will be back as soon as he can before the rainstorm starts." 

Minhyuk can see the confidence in her eyes and has no other choice but to keep her word. 

"Alright, well, in any case, call me. Kyle's apartment is not far from here." Marina nods and when the two siblings embrace, Minhyuk could smell the strong scent of both her shampoo and body wash.

But he doesn't pay much attention to it and pecks the side of her forehead. "Okay, I'm out," Minhyuk winks and exits her bedroom. 

Marina doesn't budge until she hears Minhyuk already out of the house with a loud slam of the door. 

When there's absolutely no noise, Marina right away gets out of bed and goes straight to her closet.

Inside, she hid a large, rectangular box that contained a black off-shoulder split dress and since their closet was very spacious and big enough for a whole collection of clothes and shoes; Marina had found a perfect place to hide the box without Shawn having to question her about it. The dress was gifted by Isaac, and in the box had a small note written by Isaac, himself.

For tonight's specialty, I would love for you to wear this dress as it will very much please me to see you wearing it and showing off your baby bump - I.M

Marina could say many things to describe how disgusting Isaac is, being harassed while pregnant. 

But this is all for a show - is what she constantly reminds herself. 

Finally, Marina wears the dress that made her look like a 'hot MIILF' she thought in Isaac's point of view. 

Marina thought she was too formally overdressed, but since it's gonna be a dinner date with a hot, dangerous mafia leader; well, she prepared herself for her date with Isaac.

And in the nick of time, Isaac's personal chauffeur arrives to pick her up. Grabbing what she needs the most, she only takes her purse; house keys, and phone. 

Marina grabs a small coat as the weather is sure to get a little cold outside. Now, she is ready and steps foot outside her home where the chauffeur waits outside his car.

"Miss Marina, Isaac informed me to drive you as he awaits your arrival," the polite chauffeur reports his statement to Marina before opening the door for her.