48. Trees Of Stars

Enjoying their time in Paris for their honeymoon was the best time of their lives, especially when they can perfectly see the Eiffel Tower, just a couple of buildings away from where they are staying in their hotel room. 

But before they could enjoy sightseeing from just their balcony, Shawn had taken Marina to several tourist attractions.

From museums like the Louvre or fancy restaurants with fine dining and exotic cuisines. They even had passionate nights almost every day, being able to feel each other's warmth and touch as the Eiffel Tower sparkled with its light shining across the city. 

They wrap up their short honeymoon trip as Marina needed to return home for her daily scheduled appointments and Shawn needed to report back to HQ.

So now, just two weeks into their marriage, they were able to return home and reunited with Minhyuk at the airport. 

"How was the trip?" Minhyuk asks, after embracing his sister in a warm tight hug. "We made sure we spent our days like we were in heaven," Shawn chuckles, keeping his arm around her shoulders.

"Well, I'm glad you both enjoyed it well, although, it would've been nice if you two have spent much longer on your honeymoon," Minhyuk says, to which Shawn agrees with him, but stated how work needed him, especially when new guy has been added to their team. 

"Not even that, but I only have five months left til the due date," Marina says, softly rubbing her belly.

"Isn't it time you both find out the sex of the baby?" Minhyuk asks as he and Shawn loaded their suitcases onto the car's trunk of Minhyuk's black Range Rover. 

"This upcoming scheduled appointment, we'll be able to determine the baby's sex," Marina said, as she ate one of the snacks Minhyuk had brought for her.

"That's good, any plans for the baby's nursery room?" Minhyuk asks again. "We're not sure yet. I'm thinking of refining my old bedroom to be the baby's nursery." "Upstairs?" Both Minhyuk and Shawn questionably exclaimed. "Why not?" Marina furrows her eyebrows and has a small frown on her face.

"Wouldn't it be hard for you to go up and down the stairs, especially during the night when the baby cries nonstop?" 

Minhyuk tries not to sound too opposing of himself as he knew how the married couple would be first-time parents and he would be dreadful just hearing the loud cries of their baby during the nights he thought would be peaceful.

"I agree with Minhyuk, we should be close as possible to care for our baby, and not have to worry about being too panicky during these rough nights we're gonna be dealing with." 

Marina scoffs and thought about the chief's wife's words about needing advice and help from her as she has her own child to look out for.

"We have space in our bedroom, so we'll keep a small crib next to our bed during the times we have to keep an eye on the baby, and then the nursery room will be useful once the baby is a couple of months old." 

Minhyuk then agrees with Marina as he began to drive the car towards the airport's parking lot exit.

Marina simply sighs and rests her head against Shawn's shoulder as she's been needing a long, desired rest from their jet-lagged flight.

~

A couple of days pass by and Marina is still asleep when Shawn gently shakes her shoulders to wake her up from her sleepy slumber.

"I prepared you some light breakfast. We have to get to the hospital on time so we can find out the baby's sex," Shawn softly reminds her. "Okay," Marina grumbles as she slowly sits up.