*A Nightmare in Disguise

(THIS IS A SPECIAL HOLIDAY CHAPTER, NOT PART OF THE MAIN STORY! YOU CAN SKIP THIS CHAPTER OF YOUR CHOICE)

(This special chapter was written and posted on Halloween, 2022)

~

Love and Murder: A Nightmare in Disguise

Halloween is the most entertaining holiday, every year, and this spooky season, children are excited to dress up as their favorite fictional characters or real-life figures. 

Even going out for trick or treating on the night of the holiday, with friends or family members. 

Romantic couples and families enjoy watching scary r-rated or classic-friendly movies.

Halloween parties mixed with a huge amount of alcohol and high-level drugs are great excuses for adults to enjoy this wondrous occasion. 

Especially for both Marina and Minhyuk as they were invited to a 21+ Halloween party, hosted by one of Minhyuk's friends from work. 

Because Minhyuk's friend has one mandatory rule which everyone has to be dressed in a costume if they want to be invited to the party.

Of course, they both don't have a choice but to join the fun. As they prepare for the night, Minhyuk is already dressed in his Michael Myers costume. From the navy-blue color jumpsuit, a fake knife, and the mask. 

As he waits for Marina to finish getting ready, he watches a random scary movie that was airing on tv.

Meanwhile, Chase and Shawn are assigned to go to a Halloween party and catch a very popular drug dealer that works for Shadow. 

Chase is already prepared to head out, dressed up as a vampire, with just a bit of fake blood glossed on the corner of his lips. 

Since Shawn would have to go to the party, dressed up in a 'sexy cop' costume, handpicked by their fellow detective friends, he felt ridiculed.

Shawn just felt like refusing to go out like this as they were aware of the danger around the city.

 "Shawn, you do know that Halloween is a perfect tradition that attracts the attention of criminal activity," Chase kindly reminds his partner. 

"Well, you cannot go out like that!" Chase points out Shawn's causal clothes.

"If someone from the party was to know that a detective is at the party, then our plan on finding the drug dealer will go downhill. Besides, we need to blend in with the crowd." 

Shawn understood Chase's wise words and started to get ready at the same time, Marina was already done getting dressed in her costume.

"I'm ready! How do I look?" Marina announces loudly as she steps down the staircase. 

Minhyuk takes his sight off the t.v. and when he turns to look at his sister, with one glance, his mixed reaction of both confusion and stunned. 

"What are you wearing?!" Minhyuk asks, removing his Michael Myers mask to get a better look at her costume.

Marina was dressed sexily as a female version of Ghostface from the popular classic horror movie, Scream. 

Although the GhostFace costume included his usual black cloak with a hood and the famous 'peanut-eyed' mask, Marina rather change it up a bit of her own style.

She wore a black long-sleeve bodysuit, along with fishnet stockings, a matching corset, and black high-heel boots. 

And to top it off with her final look, can't forget both the black leather gloves and her Ghostface mask.