Chapter 3

I packed my school supplies. I was in the 9th grade. I went downstairs to eat breakfast. I ate some cereals as always. "Hurry up Sheila! You'll be late" my mom said. I took my bag and put on red Vans. "I'm ready! Can you drive me?" I screamed because my mom was in the kitchen. "Normally I would say no. But today is a special day" my mom answered. "What kind of special day?" I asked. "I'll get my pay today" she answered proud. "Oh okay, alright we need to go or I'll be late!" I said.

"Who knows the answer?" I heard my teacher asking. I was thinking about my dream last night. It was so weird. What was the meaning of it? I didn't find the answer. "Sheila I guess you know the answer" The teacher said. "What answer?" I asked. "Don't sleep while you're in school Sheila!" he said mad. "I'm sorry I was thinking about something" I answered. He breathed in and out very loudly and continued with mathematics. I saw how everyone was laughing at me, but I tried to ignore it.

"Okay so you all can go on lunch break" the teacher said. Everyone stood up and leaved the class room. I bought a sandwich and went to a table that was still free. I started eating my sandwich. "Oh hi Sheila" the school bitch said. "hi" I answered without any emotions. "Why are you wearing a hoodie? It's summer" she said. She took my arm and pushed my sleeves up. I was shocked because I didn't want her to see my scars. "OMG Sheila what is this?" She said loudly. "It was my cat" I said scared. "We both know that don't have a cat" she said. "Please don't tell someone!" I almost cried. "Maybe I will. Maybe I won't" she said and walked away.