twenty

☾

GENEVIEVE looks in the mirror, adjusting her dress. It was a skin-tight, black, silk dress, it also had a silt down her thigh. She wore it with grace, she didn't think that, but it was true. She carefully adjusted the straps on her dress.

     Ivan sent her a box at the bookstore that day. That was when she immediately texted him and told him that she couldn't accept any of it. But he argued back. Then they had a phone call, and the arguing got mixed up with flirting, and then the call ended.

     Her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail. She wore a cold necklace chain, a few gold bracelets, two gold hoops and a few more gold earrings for her piercings.

     She took a deep breath and stared at herself. When she first left the hospital, he remembered not being able to recognize herself. It took her a while to realize that it was her.

     Her make-up was just winged eyeliner, mascara, a little concealer, highlighter, and red lipstick. She had texted her address to Ivan and checked the time.

     6:30 pm.

     A loud knock came from her door and she left her room, walking to the front door. She took a deep breath in, before gripping the door handle, twisting it, and opening it.

     She looks up and her breathing stops a little.

     He looked fucking hot.