Chapter 29 | Under editing

My joints are starting to ache, holding up Rudy's body

My joints are starting to ache, holding up Rudy's body. Bora needs to get his bushy tail over here and help. Let me stop being a baby. He has to make sure we won't get countered.

I turned to my new girlfriend instead. "Ava, I'm about to collapse," I whined.

"How much further?" she asked, and I slid forward under his partially dead weight, trying to answer.

My palm quickly touched the dirt as I adjusted myself. "I think just over this hill," I puffed in between words.

Rudy grunted, startling me as he shoved us away. He stood up straight as his head bobbed back and forth. Don't faint because I might not be able to catch you.

"I can walk on my own," he said, and it sounded like music to my ears.

"Thank Gawd," I held my knees. "You weigh a ton," I said out of breath.

I hear Ava talking to Rudy. And out of nowhere, he asked who we were. Hold on. Rudy, was that out of it?

Ava rolled her eyes. "Rudy, that is Bora and Gemma," she introduced him to us. "They just saved us from being captured," she added.

He furrowed his brows with widened eyes at the reveal. "All that was real?" He asked, pointing at us. "That's not second, Ava?" he added, and I chuckled under my breath as he began to pull at his blonde hair. "I've been saying embarrassing crap."

"What did they do to him?" I looked over at Ava.

Ava cocked an eyebrow. "I've been trying to figure it out because," She said, glancing at Rudy, brushing back his hair. "He's been acting all loopy." She straight smiled at Rudy and then gazed back at me.

"Must have been some strong stuff," I chuckled, followed by her giggles.

I hear Bora puffing, getting impatient with us. I walk over there next to him, grabbing his fur. "I hope they don't say anything about the hole," I said, and he grunted. I clicked the light on as we entered the living room.

I heard Rudy laugh, which echoed in the room. "What happened there?" he added, and I looked over at Bora.

"Busted," I whispered, then back at them. "It was a bear," I kept a straight face. If I fooled the cops, I could fool them too. "Here, sit down. We will be right back." I added it so Bora can change back to his human form to get dressed.

We entered my room, and Bora smoothly switched into his human form. "It's something about that girl." He paced back and forth, putting his knuckle up to his lip. "My memories and senses are out of whack. I can't pinpoint what it is." He ruffled through his hair in frustration.

I curled my lip. "Is that what got you on edge?" I grabbed the pants off the hanger. "Bora, you have to ease up everything is fine. Here, you can wear these boyfriend jeans." I handed it to him. "They're baggy on me but should fit you."