Chapter 37 | Two-hundred thousand

Bora carried me to my van and placed my feet on the passenger side

Bora carried me to my van and placed my feet on the passenger side. "I think you are on the wrong side." I sarcastically said, smirking at him.

He held out his hand. "No, I need to drive because it is not a surprise if I tell you." He said, wiggling his fingers, rushing for me to hand over the keys.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Um, Bora. It is a sweet gesture, but sorry to break it to you; you do not know how to drive."

He threw up his hands, making a face. "How hard can it be?" he smirked, but I looked at him for a second, thinking if I should.

"Alright, whatever," I plucked the keys out of my coat and handed them to him. He gets in with confidence. But I slowly enter, staring at him.

I buckled my seatbelt, tightened it up, and grabbed the handle above my head, looking to see if he knew how to start the car.

Bora inspected the key, followed by a glance towards the keyhole. He put the key in the ignition, and I heard the engine rumble.

"Simple enough." Bora let out as I swallowed.

"And this is- I pointed at the gears.

"I got it." Bora cut me off, and I squeezed the handle. He looked down at the gears, reading the letters. "Hmph," he hummed. "Break left, gas right, right?" He added.

"Right," I agreed as my heart quickened. Bora put the car in reverse, and my body tightened, feeling it back up. He hit the brakes, and I jerked forward, with my eyes widened, shortly looking at him scared.

"Well, that was too hard. I guess I have to ease it," Bora confided, looking over at me with a smile, and I nervously returned one.

He eased off the break, giving it a little gas until the car swerved enough to pull away. Then put it in drive, driving off skillfully. My mouth dropped, blinking, looking over at him, looking at me.

"How did you- I said.

"I'm just messing with you. My dad taught me how to drive." He playfully said.

"Bora!" I tapped his thigh as he laughed out loud.

It's like riding a bike," he said, paying attention to the road.

"So your dad taught you how to drive at twelve?"

"Yeah, yours didnt?" Bora wondered, giving me a quizzical stare.

"Not in the slightest, I learned at sixteen," I admitted.

"Good, he must have known you were reckless." Bora laughed.

"Oh, hush it," I giggled with him.

We parked at the hotel, and Bora turned his body my way. "I suggest that you gather a few items. And if you need my help, say it, and I will hear you from here." He smirked.