Chapter 46 | Prisoner

Bora

Bora

Prisoner at a facility is a first. Who doesn't like being surrounded by four glass walls and used as a test subject?

It's to the point where I found coping mechanisms to keep my mind grounded because, for Gemma's sake, I can't allow myself to get out of control.

It's hard when the white lights from up high are blinding me, but like anything else, I'll adjust.

I've become a victim of animal cruelty. Where's animal rescue when you need them? I joke to relieve the anger that lingers inside. But maybe I shouldn't be joking while I'm currently in harsh conditions.

I could meditate.

I rest my eyes to tunnel my vision, blocking out everything around, even the smell of musty metallic coming from the germy surgical table across the room.

I block it out.

The alcohol and distilled medical gloves are too strong. I am also blocking that out from inside this cube.

Replace my stress with Gem? She lingers in my senses in this isolated space with her natural freesia scent. Marking her is the best decision in my life. I can taste her, breathe her, and If I block out the air conditioner fans in the back of this room, I can hear her.

Where are you?

My mind tunnels at breakneck speed, searching for my mate. Ah, there you are. What are you getting yourself in? She might be going through a type of underpass. Gawd, it has a foul odor. Hold on. Wait, your-

"Searching for her doesn't change your outcome," John said, which made me open my eyes in annoyance for breaking my concentration.

"A traditional wolf-senses could reach at a capacity of three hundred yards to one mile. But you're not an ordinary wolf, are you? And you don't have to answer; it's a rhetorical question if you didn't know. I know your kind isn't all that smart," he smiled with crazy eyes.

I don't need to be smart when it only takes seconds to disassemble your body.

"I wonder how far your senses can reach. Hopefully, my team and I will find out soon." John enunciated.

This damn lunatic. John's sickening silver eyes stare inside my empty glass box with nothing but the cold steel floor underneath my paws.

None of us would have thought the culprit was Gemma's father, who put me in an enclosure after tranquilizing me. How much pain will she endure when she finds out he's behind it? And the more I think about it, the more I want to rip his head off his shoulders.

I'm sorry, Gem, that it came to this.

This idiot keeps circling my enclosure, thinking he is intimidating. He treats me like an unopened trophy sitting on the shelf.