Chapter One

* Aiden's p.o.v*

I sighed heavily as I was at work. All I have been seeing lately is couples everywhere. I am very envious of the love you can see on their faces. I was stacking books at my little book store that I own. I didn't hear anyone come in until after I heard someone's voice in my book store.

I walked over to the counter and I flinched when I saw one of the men who took the man I'm in love with's heart away from me with two men in black suits standing near him. I was shaking from how scared I was because I know what they were both capable of before he died. Why is he back? He left when Massimo died. Why is he back and why is this much taller than me? Why is he...handsome?

"Umm-how can I- help you." I stuttered out.

"Aiden...oh sorry. This is Alejandro and Angelo." He said looking at me shocked. I became embarrassed fast when all eyes were on me especially Zaya's.

"I am just going to wait here while you search for books. If you need help finding any particular books, let me know." I told him. I sighed in relief and started fanning myself. Why was I getting so hot all of a sudden? I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him speak again.

"Okay. It is good to see an old friend." He smiled.

"It is good to see you too Zaya." I told him. It was good to see him since Zaya was always nice to me which is why it is so hard to stay upset when I would watch him and Zaya together because they were very much in love. I blushed in second hand embarrassment when I could feel him staring at me. I forgot he could hear my thoughts like Massimo can. Being with them for a long time, they told me they were hybrids (half werewolf/half vampire). I didn't believe them at first until they saved my life. That was night Massimo died and I blame myself for what happened. I was so upset at him because he-

"It wasn't your fault Aiden." Zaya smiled sadly as he handed me a couple of books. I ringed up the books for him. I just stopped talking and thinking because it seemed like I was getting caught up. When I gave him his total, I wasn't looking at him. I just gave him his change and I gasped when he gripped my chin and made me look at him.

Right when he was about to say something, I heard the door go off again.

"Babe, are you almost done?" I just scooted back so fast and I started scratching my arm.

"Sorry, sweetheart. got a little side tracked. Ran into Aiden." Zaya said.

"Oh the weird kid who could see ghost!" He said. Alejandro and Angelo coughed while trying to hold in their laughter.

"Benji, that's not funny." Zaya snapped.

"Sorry. Excuse me, the weird adult who can see ghosts that no one likes." Alejandro and Angelo were full on laughing at this point.

"I apologize-

"No, it's fine. You can go now." I told him and I walked around the counter to finish stacking books. I heard them leaving and once I saw the car pull off, i sighed in relief. I just continued to do some work in the library while trying to get my mind off the fact that Benji just proved to me two things. One: they are very much in love. Two: People are mean and still think I'm weird.

It took hours to finish. I was closing up the bookstore. I was doing my checklist and I locked the doors before I started going through my closing checklist.

I just happened to look up and I jumped when I saw Benji standing near the door smiling. I turned off the lights quickly and I ran out through the back as quickly as I could. When I was grabbed from behind, I couldn't scream because my mouth was covered with his hand.

"You better not fucking tell him a word of what was going on. Do you fucking understand me?" He said menacing.

"I won't!" I said scared out of my mind.

"Good. And here is a present for you to make sure you don't." I couldn't scream. I definitely felt someone else holding me as I was stabbed repeated on the side of my stomach. When he finally let me go, I fell on the ground immediately clutching my side as he disappeared into the night. I moaned in pain as I reached my cell phone to call the police.

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator said.

"I need an ambulance. I accidentally stabbed myself in my stomach with broken glass." I had to stay on the line as I gave them my address. When they came, I was transported straight to the hospital. I was in and out of consciousness until I eventually blacked out.

I woke up the next morning hearing the annoying beeping sound. I saw a police officer in here. I looked over and behind him I saw the doctor who I know for a fact is making sure I don't say anything. That doctor is one of Benji's people who use to torment me. The look in his eyes were telling me to not say anything or I am dead...

"Hey Aiden. I am just gonna ask some clarifying questions." He said. I just nodded my head.

"Can you tell us how you ended up stabbing yourself with broken glass because the doctor said he didn't find any glass in you?" He asked.

"This was an old cut that re opened because I broke one of my decor plates by accident yesterday." He was taking notes on what I was saying.

"Okay. Thank you for your cooperation. Doctor says you can leave tomorrow afternoon." The police officer and Benji's little minion walked out at the same time. I sighed in relief when they both left the room. Knowing that his little minion is here is making me not want to fall asleep at all, but my body was exhausted and didn't agree with me.

When I woke up again, I saw Zaya walking in with flowers. He looked at me with his eyes wide.

"Benji called me and said his friend told him you were here. Are you okay? What happened!" He said sitting in the chair immediately. I had to take a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"I am fine. You really didn't have to come here." I told him.

He stared at me for a while before putting the flowers in a vase for me. When he got done, he gripped my chin. The heart monitor started beeping and I blushed.

"Did someone do this to you?" He asked seriously.

"No, I fell on some broken glass. This was an old cut that reopened." I lied. He sighed and sat in the chair in front of my bed staring at me for a while.

"Okay. Still clumsy as ever." He chuckled.

"Yeah." I smiled a little fake smile.

*Zaya's p.o.v.*

I wanna choke him out so bad. I know he is lying to me and it is taking everything in me not to do it. I have only been back for one day and he is already lying about what happened to him. I could smell how scared he is. My cop buddy, Andres, who also happened to be served his case and is one of my
men also knows he is lying. He was the one who told me that there is definitely something going on because he can sense he was lying after I was on the way here. Right now, he was currently sleeping. I just looked at him and sighed.

"Massimo, I came back here. You are probably like why the fuck did you come back here but Aiden is still here. Who would have thought that he is still here after all that madness that happened? I am going to protect him. I know you guys were not at a great place but I am gonna make it right for you and him. I miss you like crazy, and I know when I find the antidote to bring you back to us, I am gonna punch you in your face for that shit for scaring me!" I smiled and wiped the tears from my eyes that I didn't know were coming down.

I looked at Aiden one more time who was sound asleep before walking out to get in the comfort of my bed and our husband who is waiting for us at home.