Will You?

Lily's POV

Sarah has honestly been acting so weird since I gave her the promise ring. Nothing bad, just different. She's still seeing Zachary and Emma almost everyday and sometimes Amanda. She will not tell me what they're doing. I love her unconditionally, but is this what it's going to be like? We've been together for a few years now and it hasn't ever been like this. I start to ask myself some questions like, Is it me? Is it her job? I'm not sure what has changed since we started dating, but something has and I can't figure out what it is.

"Hey, I'll be back. I'm meeting Zachary, I'll be home by 2pm. And if I'm not, text me." "Ok, what's at 2, darling?" "The time I have to be home." Sarah says distracted trying to find her car keys. "For what?" I question her, while laughing a little. "You." She says giving me a quick kiss on my lips. "Ok Paulson, go drink some coffee, you need it." "I'm perfectly awake." She informs me before leaving the house. "Yup, she's all mine..." I tell myself before shaking my head.

It's around 2:17pm and I hear keys jingling. I jump up right quick and rush to the door. Opening it, I see Sarah look up from her millions of keys and smile. "Hey, Rabe." She says while giving a wink. "Hello, honey. How was your day?" I ask while grabbing her purse to set it on the counter. "It was quite good actually. How about your's?" "Unproductive... really unproductive. I wanted to do laundry today, did that happen? Nope." "Hey, do you know if that black dress with the cut outs is clean?" Sarah asks. "The one from Coven's premiere?""Yes." She says with her eyes lighting up. "Yes, the only other time I wore that was to Emma and Evan's engagement party. It's been back from the cleaners since like six months ago." I explain to Sarah. "I want you in that dress, your hair and makeup done by 5:30. Meet me back here when you are." "Are you leaving me again?" I ask very confused. "Yeah, I'll be at Zach's. I'll see you later." She tells me before heading out the door again.

As I'm doing my hair in the mirror, in our shared bathroom, I can't stop thinking about why Sarah would want me in this dress... It's not my birthday, not her birthday, no one's birthday. Not our anniversary, what is this about?! I continue to pin my hair up when my phone buzzes on the bathroom counter. It's my brother just checking in, I leave it and continue to pin my hair up. I go back out to our bedroom and look at the black, slim dress laying across the bed. "Well... it must be important." I tell myself before slipping the dress on.

At exactly 5:30, I hear the door open. Sarah walks in, in a beautiful, shorter champagne colored dress. "Ok, did I miss some invitation to some award show?" I question. "Nope, lets go." She says grabbing my hand. "Uhm, alright." I say hesitantly.

We arrive at a really upscale restaurant and I'm still really confused. I don't think I've ever felt this confused in my whole life. The dresses, the sneaking around all day, the restaurant... I really want to know what's going on. "Sarah, what is going on?" "Dinner, come on." She says before getting out of the car with my hand in hers.

"I didn't hear much about your day, how was it?""Unproductive, I told you." "Right, but what does that mean? Marathon of TV in bed?""No, no, actually I sat outside by the pool for a while with a book." "That's really relaxing." She says smiling across from me, her brown eyes sparkling. "It was, how about you? What did you and Zachary do today?" "Coffee and talking." "Is that all you two do together?" "No, well yes." She answers giggling. "That giggle..." "Hey, don't make fun of me." She says defensively. "I'm not making fun of you, baby, I think its absolutely precious, you kill me." "Well, thank you." "You're welcome.""Are you ok?" She asks me."Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" "I don't know, you seem upset with something." "Not at all, I'm just really confused to what is going on right now.""I can't take my girlfriend out for a nice dinner?" "You most certainly can, but I think it's a little out of the blue." "Lily, you know me, I don't do things for no reason. There's a reason I'm taking you out tonight." "I do, and I really want to know what this reason is." I beg."Well, I have a question for you." "Hmm? What is it?" I watch Sarah get up, push her chair in softly and kneel in front of me. "Sarah, baby, what are you doing? Get off the floor." I say softly to her."I love you so dearly, more than anyone else in this whole world. You bring sunshine to me every single day of the year. Doing small theatre shows brought us close, but American Horror Story is what really brought us close. I will never, ever forget that time in our lives, even though it was not that long ago. Lily, some days I don't know where I'd be without you by my side, it honestly scares me to think of what life would be like without you standing next to me, supporting me everyday. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you. I don't want to be without you baby, and I can't picture my life without you at this point. So my question to you is, Lily Rabe, will you do the honor of marrying me?" Sarah asks me and once she is finished she opens a velvet box relieving the most beautiful diamond ring I have ever seen. I just stare into her eyes and I feel something wet roll down my cheek. "Will you?" She repeats sweetly. "Mhmm." I manage to get out since I'm speechless.

Sarah's expression changes to a smile that could light up anyone's life. She carefully takes the ring out the box and slips it onto my left ring finger. Sarah gets up off of the floor and crashes her lips into mine. I can feel tears seeping from her eyes in excitement.

*******************************************************************************

// hi, sorry for such a slow update, I have been on vacation and my friend has been really busy! we will try to update as soon as we can. the picture above is of Lily's engagement ring! hope you enjoy this chapter! ☺️ ~ Jenna //