That's My Girl

Lily's POV

"Maybe it was all so much, so fast, in so little time." Mamie tells me while we're down in her kitchen getting a cup of coffee.
"I don't know, it was all a big blur for me. I cannot believe I behaved that way towards my fiancée. I was and am so pathetic." I say wanting sympathy.
"It's ok, do you want to talk to her though? Now that you've had some time to process? Your thoughts about everything."
"I think I do, I just don't want to cry."
"You won't, you'll have it together."
"Ugh, ok. I guess I should. Thank you so much Mamie. I think I'm going to go home and try to talk to her."

I make myself look decent and hop into my car to drive home. On the way there, I put together a speech in my head, perfecting every little detail. I pull up into the driveway and start rummaging through my purse to find the house keys. I pull them out and see the cliche heart hanging off of the keychain that Sarah bought for me on our first vacation together. I read the saying out loud.

'Always together. Never apart. Maybe in distance, but never at heart.'

Oh shit, Lily. What happened to keeping it together? I take a few deep breaths before walking up the steps and into the house. All is dead silent. I set my purse and keys down on the counter and make my way upstairs. I ever so slightly creek the bedroom door open to see my baby, Sarah in bed, asleep, with Zach comforting her. I stare at Sarah, noticing the dried up tear and makeup stains that trickled down her face. In that moment, seeing her laying there, in pain, I lose it. Tears begin to form on my bottom lashes and blur my vision. In the midst of all of this, Zach notices me standing in the doorway and motions for me to come along beside her.

As I'm walking closer and closer to her side of the bed, my heart begins to race. I kneel down beside her and tuck a wild stand of hair behind her ear and whisper her name. Zach raises up and exits to give us some privacy.

"Sarah..." I whisper into her ear. She doesn't say anything but a small noise escapes her lips and then she turns over in bed. Really Sarah? You're making this harder. I slowly get up from where I was kneeling and go to the other side of the bed and sit in the place that Zach was previously lying in.
"Sarah?" I try again while smoothing a few strands of her blonde hair.
"Zach? Stop." She mumbles, clearly half asleep.
"It's not Zach. It's Lil." I say softly.
"Huh? Stop Zach." She says this time rubbing my arm.
"Sarah, wake up. It's Lily." I say in a stern tone but in a soft voice. She slowly peaks out of one eye and stares directly into mine. I lift the covers and get under, then I wrap my arms around her head and place it on my chest. I know she can hear my heartbeat going 100 mph. I start to tell her my speech. When I'm finished I have already began to cry, but so has she. I can feel a puddle of tears covering my shirt. She sits up and looks me dead in the eye and says.
"I forgive you Lily Rabe. I'm sorry. It was my fault that I forgot-."
I cut off Sarah by placing my lips on hers and wrapping my arms around her waist. I think she's honestly shocked at first and once she realizes what I'm doing she kisses me back. The kiss grows strong then I pull back to say "I love you".

Before she could say anything, I jump up, run downstairs, grab my engagement ring from the kitchen counter that I saw when I came in, slip it on and waltz my way back upstairs. When I bursted through the door, Sarah's eyes immediately went straight to the gem and she blurts out, "I love you too."

I smile back at my fiancée, knowing that she has forgiven me. I see her brown sparkling eyes inviting me back into bed with her.

"I have something to tell you." She whispers into my ear.
"What is it?" I question in a whisper tone.
"Zach is still outside this room." She says giggling.
"Can I call him in here?"
"Yes, I want to. Zach!" Sarah shouts.
"Yes Sar?" He asks coming back in.
"Thank you."
"For what, sweetheart?"
"Telling me everything was going to be alright." She says with her arms still very tightly around me.
"Well, you're welcome. That's what gay best friends are for."
"Yes, exactly. Now get out of my house, since you're so concerned about my sex life, let me make it a little better." Sarah commands.

I turn to her and giggle.
"What about your- our sex life?"
"It's kind of a long story. But, come here." She says turning my head even more towards her and pulling me in for a long, passionate kiss.

After spending some much needed alone time with Sarah, we both go downstairs to our lovely, cozy living room. I make her a quick cup of hot tea and we sit down on the sofa. I suggest to Sarah that we catch up on Orange is the New Black. Sarah, being normal Sarah, sings along to the theme song. She makes me smile from ear to ear. I glance over at her smile and she takes my hand into hers and kisses it as I snuggle closer to her.

"I'm hungry." Sarah pouts a few episodes in.
"Ok, did you eat breakfast?"
"No, I was sleeping and then you came back home."
"It's lunch time Sar."
"Can I have waffles though?" She asks me in the most adorable voice I have ever heard.
"Of course."
"Wait, wait." She says grabbing my arm.
"What Sar?"
"Do we have any strawberries or blueberries?"
"I don't know, you were the one that went grocery shopping."
"Oh..."
"I'll just look myself." I say leaving my cute finacée by herself.

I grab the serving tray from the cupboard and neatly arrange her "lunch" on it. Taking her waffles and coffee to her, she smiles when she sees me coming around the corner.
"Order up, lil lady." I say giggling.
"Thank you Rabe."
"Is it to your liking Paulson?"
"Well....the waffle looks uneven, I'm just kidding. It's perfect because one you're really good at making waffles and two because you made it." She says smirking.
"Oh hush and just eat it, Sarah." I order, slightly rolling my eyes and plopping down beside her.
"What does it look like I'm doing?" She asks with half of her fork out of her mouth.
"That's hot." I tell her.
"Really? You think so?" She questions me.
"Oh hell yeah, that's my girl..." I say sarcastically rolling my eyes at her.

Watching Sarah the rest of the day, I'm just overwhelmed with happiness. I really could never stay mad this woman. I'm so madly in love with her I just can't bare the thought of staying mad at her. She's just so adorable and cute and perfect. She's all I could ask for and so much more. It was stupid that I got mad at her and acted like an immature teenage girl by going over to Mamie's. I glance over at my goofball sitting on the sofa next to me and with Sarah looking down at my ring she says, "What is it?" I answer with a 'nothing' and begin to admire the gem bestowed upon my finger. Nothing makes me happier than seeing that beautiful diamond on my ring finger. It's a constant reminder that I'm going to marry the love of my life and more importantly, my best friend.

***********************************************************************************

I hope the wait was worth it for these chapters! Sierra & I have a few busy weeks coming up but we will try and update as soon as we can! Thank you so much for reading this story & commenting & voting for it! It means so much to us! ~ Jenna ❤️