Worry

Y/N's Pov.

*next day*

After returning back home, I noticed that Shadow hadn't returned yet. Mother said that Shadow would return by today, but he didn't. It was probably nothing serious, but I still worried about him still. I didn't make much of it, and ignored the worry, thinking that he'll come back tomorrow.

*next day*

He didn't show up the following day either. I know that he's a brave and strong knight, but my worry couldn't help but grow with every second that he's gone. Maybe he was just lost. Then again, he's been all over Camelot so he couldn't have possibly lost his way. I still waited for him to return all day.

*next day*

It's been three days since Shadow didn't return. Now, my worry was at a high point. It's normal to be gone an extra day, but to be gone for three whole ones is unusual. What if something bad happened!? What if he's injured and needs help?! What if he was captured by the Outsiders!? All these worries spread through my head and I couldn't think straight all day. I decided to sneak out of the castle to relieve myself from my worries. I had gone to the lake where Nimue decided, hoping that maybe she'll know where he is. When I got there though, it felt as if my heart had stopped. He was there. Shadow was there and wounded.
"Shadow!" I ran up to him.
"Y/N..." I heard him speak as he tried to get up.
"Don't move, it'll only increase the pain." I got some water from the lake to clean out his wounds. Thankfully, I had some bandages with me, so I wrapped his wounds in them, "What happened?"
"The Outsiders... they ambushed me... that mission was a trap... an Outsider had sent it..."
"I'm just glad that you're alright. I was so worried." Shadow tried to sit up, "Don't-"
"Sorry for worrying you. And thank you for helping me." he pulled me into a hug. I blushed bright red and hugged back. B/F/N was right. I do love him. But there's no way that he could have feelings for me. He serves the King, and knows that I'm his future wife. He couldn't possibly love me... could he?