Chapter 5: Taking Trees

"Oww..." I muttered as I stood up. The tree broke my fall so I didn't injure myself but still I don't know how high up we were. I took a quick look around. There were trees everywhere, I think this is called a forest. I walked around a bit trying to find Mario or Bowser.

After walking over to a different area I found Mario standing by the base of a tree. I tapped him on the shoulder. He quickly turned around and pulled out his hammer but upon seeing me he put it down.

"Sorry I thought you were something else," he said.

"It's fine but do you know where we are?" I asked him

"Whispering Woods," he said. "It's near Toad Town. hey do you think you could activate this again?"He pointed to a magic circle.

"I can try." If there was a magic circle in the forest then that means that Ollys has already been here before. I think we should be careful. Though I didn't tell him this, Mario seems like the person that has done this kind of stuff before, I think he'll be fine.

Mario was getting the hang of the magic circles pretty quickly. He used them to smash the tree and it opened up like a passageway.

"Umm Mario do you know where Bowser is?" I asked as we crossed it.

"No. I think he managed to stay in the clown car." we continued down the path I noticed a streamer nearby,

"Mario look," I said pointing.

"The last thing I remember was peach's castle being carried away,"

"Where is it then," I asked looking around. There was a huge hole where it used to be.

"Up there," he said.

"On top of the volcano!" I yelled my eyes wide.

"One time it ended up in outer space, at least this time it's closer and easier to reach."

"Outer space that's far away... but the streamers are blocking it and it may be locked.

"We can take care of the streamers but for the key..." he stopped.

"Are you ok?"

"I just realized my brother is in there, he was looking for the key. What if your brother did something to him?"

"I'm sorry," an idea clicked in my head. "Hey what if we go to the site and look for him. Maybe he's there."

"Well first we have to get out of here."

"Well then let's go," I said as I started going back to the path. Then I noticed a hole in the middle of the path. It was a not so bottomless hole. I could see the bottom. It was just really far away. It looked deep. My brother taught me about these, you need confetti to fix it. He even gave me a bag to hold the confit just in case.

Here, use this," I handed the bag to Mario.

"For what?"

"So you put confetti in it, you can find confetti in trees. then you sprinkle it on top and cover the hole and then it's fixed."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup my brother taught me about this." Mario hit a tree with his hammer and he gathered the papers that fell out.

"And now you throw it on," he sprinkled the papers on top. They suck on top then he threw some more covering the whole hole it fixed itself and looked like regular ground.

"See you all fixed." I said.

"Is this safe to walk on?" he asked.

"I think so." He carefully stepped on and conferred it was safe then we continued down the path. We were walking down a hill and then voices started.