13: when you love someone

Alt. Title: slight shota-con

Fifteen year old Megumi slouched on the couch.

"Gumi, shouldn't you be heading to school right now?" Tsumiki popped her head out of the kitchen door with a curious gleam in her eyes.

"... I'm worried about mother," said the gloomy teen. "Didn't the old man leave earlier to head to Green Hills just because he didn't get his goodbye kiss?" Disgust was written all over Megumi's face, causing Tsumiki to laugh under her breath.

"Aren't you grumpy right now because you didn't get yours either?"

"..."

"Uh-huh, that's what I thought."

"..."

.

.

"..."

Horror painted one Fushiguro Megumi's face as he eyed the little child eating a glassful of ice cream.

The child's blond hair was braided with several flowers, a flower crown rested atop his head, and he wore the typical p.e. uniform for elementary students.

That child was none other than Hyousuke.

"... mother?" Came his voice filled with disbelief.

A pair of gray eyes shifted from the ice cream in front to the youth standing some distance away. They turned into crescents as a captivating smile bloomed on that childish face.

"Megumi, how was class?"

High yet mellifluous; those were the words that popped up inside Megumi's head once his mother — that child spoke.

Megumi choked back an uncharacteristic scream.

What on earth happened?! Why was his mother, who was obviously way older than a primary student, look exactly like the one from that one picture in their family album?! A picture of a ten year old Hyousuke, to be exact!

"Mo, Mother, this, why do you, why are you—" a chuckle interrupted Megumi's inarticulate stutters.

"Your teacher and I were messing around with some unlabeled cursed tools. One of them seemed to have turned back time on my physical body." Hyousuke took a spoonful of ice cream, wiping his lips with the handkerchief resting on the table. "I have no idea when I will return back to normal, however."

The poor teen almost fainted from his mother's words. Right, a vindictive glint flashed through his green eyes. It's all sensei's fault. I'll have Max Elephant squash him to paste—

"Megumi," Hyousuke calling him pulled Megumi back from his thoughts of revenge. "Will you get me a glass of hot chocolate?"

"Yes, mother." I can deal with sensei later.

.

.

Fushiguro Toji had many regrets.

One of them was not treasuring his time with Hyousuke when they were children.

Why had he been so stubborn? If he had only opened up much earlier, before that incident, he would have made many more memories with his husband.

But he was stupid; he gotta admit.

So when his son came home, holding a strikingly familiar child in his arms, Toji dropped the remote in his hand.

"... Hyousuke?"

A smile bloomed on that tiny face.

"Husband."