Scene 21 - Final Word

We cut to a later period in time. Inside the escape vessel, lighting and instrumentation have died. The hatch holds a cold, dank atmosphere as though it has remained dormant for a long time. We get to hear movement coming from outside the ship. The doors are opened, and we see three space explorers with astronaut suits entering the escape pod. Bright torch lights are fitted to their heads so they can clearly see where they're going. The three of them take a good look at the spaceship around them. The stench from Vanessa's body stifles the ship. The three astronauts wear counters on their left armed body armour to investigate the atmosphere around them. How long since the death of Vanessa and the arrival of the astronauts remains unspecified.

Astronaut 1:

Oxygen. Nil. Instrumentation. Unresponsive.

Astronaut 2:

It defiantly looks that way. Ugh. What is that smell?

Astronaut 3:

Look!

They see Vanessa dead on the floor with her guts everywhere by the suspended animation container.

What happened?

Astronaut 2:

Something pretty horrible. She must have been in suspended animation for a while. Got out, and then something pretty nasty happened to her.

Astronaut 1:

These old BC7 Class 5 were done away with decades ago. It sure is an old-timer.

Astronaut 3:

Then this poor soul must have been in here for a while. And out of it too from the looks of her. That's why they didn't pick up our call.

Astronaut 2:

Let's see if we can get some of these controls going.

They tinker around with the panel.

Astronaut 3:

I don't like it here, you know. Something isn't right.

Astronaut 1:

How do you mean?

Astronaut 3:

There's just something rather spooky about this place. Something weird has been going on. I can feel it.

Astronaut 2:

Then let's find out the cause of it.

The first astronaut is able to get the video camera working, showing Vanessa's message. It begins to play as we've seen it too.

Astronaut 1:

Ah. We got something.

Astronaut 2:

Can't we improve the quality of this thing?

Astronaut 1:

Bit antique, isn't it? We don't wanna damage it enough as it already is.

They giggle to themselves. All the men watch carefully.

Vanessa:

Is this thing working? Why won't it turn on properly? Hello?

The static improves, but the picture definition and sound quality remain poor. A few off-locks and glitches on the screen continue on the poor monitor. The woman addresses us nerved, panicked, and terribly frightened. She rushes herself.

Ok. Ok. So. Listen to this. This is important. For the sake of every man, woman, and child, you need to hear this. My name is Vanessa Pur. I am in a pod escaping from a desolate planet that has been invaded by the Xenomorphs. The Xenomorphs are swarming and multiplying as I speak. We must warn the universe of them.

The men look at Vanessa, feeling sorry for her.

Astronaut 2:

Eeesh. Poor gal.

Vanessa:

If you are somehow listening to this then please, please, please act on what I am saying. I am the only survivor left on the prison planet Blea Carrock 5 after an experiment went out of control and killed everyone on the base. I was the only survivor. And I need to let you know exactly what's been going on. You need to hear everything that I need to let you know.

She stops for a moment, breathing in carefully.

I don't think they've got to me yet. They can't have. Maybe. I, I don't know. I seem alright. There's no evidence that the huggers have been. I think. But anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself. What you need to know is what's been going on. This message must be acted upon as soon as I finish speaking.

Vanessa stops again.

Ok. I will start at the beginning.

Astronaut 1:

Can we roll on?

The video plays much faster and faster. This will explain what Vanessa said as the story unfolded before us.

We just need to know the main bits first. Then somehow, we can take the rest of this footage out and use it for analysis.

There was something about with them, a black figure moving in the shadows. The third astronaut turns about to see what it was, but there was nothing. He turns back.

Try it now.

The footage then plays again. I think there was just a bit of a dip in quality there for some reason. But anyways. So. You know my story. You know everything now. And it's imperative you heed this message and stop the Xenomorphs from spreading across the universe. I don't know how much time I've got left because they've been here too, because... because...

She begins gaging.

Ugh. AAAHHHHH!!!! FLLOORRRRR AAAARRGHHHH!!!!!

Her chest begins spewing blood out. A Xenomorph was being born! We see her chest explode with blood grotesquely. As the alien jumps from Vanessa's dead body, the creature squeals and then jumps at the camera, breaking the camera quality. It roars at us and causes more static and film shudder.

Astronaut 2:

My god.

The black figure rises up behind them.

Astronaut 1:

A Xenomorph must have infected her when she left the attack. And one got aboard and impregnated her.

Astronaut 3:

How do we know that that thing isn't still here now?

It was a Xenomorph that was behind them! Its dribble trickled down as the men realised that there was something behind them, looming over their suits. Some of the sludge from the Xenomorph splattered onto the helmet of the third astronaut. It growled and then roared at them! The men screamed as we then see it strike at the men. A ripping of air squeezes from their suits and blood explodes from their torsos. The high tension finale ends with a powerful rush of music and the Xenomorph rising towards the camera and attacking us before the picture fades into blackness...

End.

(End credits)