Chapter 21- Can a caged bird fly? Part 1

"Why don't they let me find her?" Gojo asked, well, no one. No one was there with him, he was alone, in his dorm room. Even Shoko went home for this weekend. He was so lonely. He, for the first time was alone and truly lonely. They wouldn't let him find you. Why? He thought a key keeper's daughter was a big deal?

Why did they have to say that he can't go after a curse user? You weren't a curse user, you just ran away....because of him. He drove you to insanity, as the thought of you, was driving him insane now. He was powerless, alone. What if he would go after you? An image of his grandfather flashed into his mind: 'If you go after that girl, you'll never see the light of day again. I'll chain you up myself! You are the strongest of us all, you have to grow up already! You can not be a child always Satoru! She left, deal with it? Did you like her? There are hundreds of other girls who would kill to get a date with you and you want to go after her? Let her mother deal with her child's mess!'

He was going crazy. What if something bad happened to you? What if he was too late and just sat there, doing nothing, while you were suffering somewhere. God, he hated being so alone. He was laying on his bed, looking out of the window, thinking.

"Are you looking at the same sky? Can you see the grey morning? Can you see that even the sky is missing you? Can you see that they don't let me go after you?" a tear fell out his eye, brushing down his perfect skin.

"Please forgive me for not going after you. Please come back as fast as you can." he started crying. He couldn't hold it back anymore. He was just terrified at the thought that you might have died somewhere, while he did nothing. He put his hand to his mouth, to cover any sound. No one could hear him cry. He couldn't be human. In other people's eyes, he wasn't human. Just a killing machine.

"I have feelings too, why can't no one see it?" he whispered, so faintly, even he couldn't tell the difference, if it was a thought or words he said.

He sat up. He wiped off the tears and stormed out of his room. Ran, ran, ran. He didn't even knew where he was running to, only letting his body take control. He had no thoughts. Gojo felt like he was in a trance, under the influence of some drug that made you loose your mind. He liked this feeling of nubmness.

He ran, and didn't know when he started crying again. He was now outside the building, where his flat was. He only smiled.

"Of course. Where else would I want to go?" he asked himself and got up. He had no key to the flat, but that didn't matter now, he can just break in. After all, it was his own house. Fuck it. Nothing mattered.

He broke open the door, an empty, dark house was before him. No trace of how it was once: full of life. He loved living here with you. Well, it wasn't that long, but still, this time was a gem, he protected in his own filthy soul.

He went to the bed and sat down. He just couldn't control himself, so he just layed down, in the middle of it. He felt at peace here.

"Wish you could be here." he whispered again. He fell asleep so easily here, he even forgot that it was middle of winter and he didn't close the door. At that moment it didn't matter. He was at peace. In comfort.

Why did you have to leave? Wasn't this enough for you?

-----------------------------------------------------

It was a chilly day in Sendai city, as Itadori Yuji walked towards school. He was going to have a tiring day today, and maybe he would get laughed by his classmates, but stilll did better than any of them in gym class, so he was happy in the end. He couldn't wait to get home, have some miso soup, it was the best, how his grandpa made it.

Sometimes, Yuji wondered why he knew so little about his parents. Grandpa always told him they died when he was little in a car accident, but never more. He missed his mom mostly, and he was always jealous of his classmates when he saw their moms waiting outside the school gate after their classes ended.