❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭❞

It was a lovely night

It was a lovely night. There were stars expanding across the sky, no clouds blocking the sight and the full moon they saw very rarely. It was a cold night, close to winter. Snow was sure to fall in the next week or two. But the boy thought he might enjoy the bare grass while he has it. It was close to his birthday after all, he wouldn't get to enjoy it for much longer.

He never understood how life could be so cruel. Why emotions like despair and anger had to exist. Why couldn't it all be happy? Why couldn't everyone live the life they wished to live? Some people were able to live happy lives and had all they could have ever wanted. But even they still feel the feelings everyone else has to feel.

No matter what you do, you will always feel emotions that you wished you could but couldn't control. But sometimes he ignored those feelings. He ignored everything in his not so lovely life and thought about what he could have.

He was happy he still had a few months left with his best friends. Even with mama, she might not be the best mother but she tried. Even when she faked her love, he still saw the very few moments where it was completely genuine. It wasn't like she chose this life, it wasn't her fault. But even with that knowledge he didn't think he'd ever be able to forgive her.

He wanted to, but having to keep a secret from his best friends their whole lives was more difficult than you would ever think. Specifically this secret. Having to grow up and watching his siblings be shipped off to their last moments slowly chipped away at him. With no preparation, there was damage. Mental health wasn't a conversation they had here, it should have been.

Lost in his thoughts he didn't realize someone else was sitting down next to him until he felt the warmth of a blanket embracing him. "Hey, it's cold you know, you'll get sick." The other boy said, then continuing with, "And you said idiots don't get sick," he chuckled.

"At least I don't play tag until my own legs give out and I need to be helped back to the house." The other boy smiled at his statement, he couldn't argue with something so true.

"It's really pretty tonight... Just like you." The boy's comment made the other flustered. The boy beside him covered his face with the blanket and said, "You idiot, don't say things like that! It's embarrassing.."

"Just 'cause it's embarrassing doesn't mean it's a lie." He clicked his tongue and stood up, holding out a hand for the boy still sitting on the grass. "Come on, mama is going to wonder where you are." The other grabbed his hand and stood up, still keeping the blanket wrapped around his body.

"Thank you, Norman."

"For what?" The albino asked, he had no clue what he was talking about. "For calling me pretty.." The boy could just feel the embarrassment start to rise but Norman just smiled.

"You're welcome, Ray."

It was a very lovely night.

飛んでいるような気がするけど、もしかしたら、私たちは死にかけているのかもしれない