Main Threat

Arlette POV

I let out a deep sigh as I stepped into the shower, having already gotten undressed and, for once, I actually did that in the main area like you're supposed to. Sure enough, the water was actually nice and warm because no one has been in here for a while, so the hot water has been building up for a little bit. I took the time and hung my clothes up anywhere I could so they could at least dry some. I did go back to my room after getting my bearings and grabbed some nice, fresh clothes before I came in here of course, but right now... I intend on taking as much time as I can in here to just zen my brain out as best I can without keeping Harry waiting as he does intend on fixing me up as he said... which I'm rather nervous about.

But I'm just... trying to find some peace in the thought that hopefully... he's just simply trying to help me, though my thoughts of being alone in a vulnerable position... with a guy who happens to be mad at me... aren't very good thoughts.

It's making me shiver a little bit purely because I'm just... if it ends up helping me I'll be very grateful, but I just can't help but be a little tense about that in general. For right now I'm just gonna try to relax and get the sand and salt out of... everywhere. After letting the warm water run over me which felt amazing after showering in cold water the last few days, I really got the shampoo into my scalp and really got in there, using my fingers to really get in there. The feeling of getting my hair off my scalp was brilliant, the shampoo bubbles feeling honestly like some sort of resort spa treatment alone it feels so good! Yeah... technically it's generic stuff, but after the day I've had I couldn't care less, as long as it bubbles and cleans the salt and sand and sweat from me, I'm happy!

I let out plenty of long deep sighs as I massaged my head, I couldn't help but smile and close my eyes it felt so good after all the shit I've put up with today, I so deserve this for not completely losing my shit out there. I let the shampoo bubbles sit in my hair for a few minutes to really let them have the chance to deep clean the grime and grossness out of my hair before moving on to washing my body as the shampoo worked its magic. What is nice is the fact that everyone on the crew has their own personal loofahs at least so we don't have to share those thank the gods, so I just scrubbed the ever-living shit out of my skin without going so hard as to irritate my skin or something. But I for sure did my best to exfoliate everything, just thankful that we at least get a lot of our own cleaning tools while we all share products. There's a huge difference, we get our own loofahs and razors for shaving, we just share the products thankfully.

I scrubbed my entire body down rather vigorously to get every little bit of grossness that I could off before turning into the water and rinsing myself completely off, shampoo and all. Now, for my favorite part, the conditioner. I got quite a bit of conditioner into my hand and went for the ends of my hair, not letting the conditioner touch my scalp as it stays less greasy for longer if you don't condition the roots. Gods... showers at this point are purely my therapy, just feeling nice and fresh is a perfect restart for me! And I get to braid my hair up and out of the way afterward and leave it like that until it dries so it dries I'm pretty waves... makes things feel a little more familiar.

It's something so small and insignificant, but seeing the waves in my hair sort of... grounds me in a way. It just reminds me that I'm me... or at least it ties me to who I am in Auradon which is at least familiar even if it does bring so many awful memories with it. If I had it my way I would... honestly just chop a ton of my hair off I'm so sick of it being so long, especially now that I'm working and sharing products with other people, but the thought of doing something so bold still... scares me quite a lot. What if I get in trouble for changing how I look too much or something? I don't know how people here think about that sort of thing after all! Back home big changes in appearance were a big no-no... so I don't know! Regardless I'm gonna wait a long while before doing anything insane, I have only been here for a week or so... or something like that, the days have mumbled together intensely.