Chapter 3

Thanks to everyone who read. I really appreciate it. If you like it please vote and if you don't tell me why. Thanks. Love you all.

-hunter

My head was still pounding from the incident. I managed to clean myself up decently and the bruises were starting the fade they turned into a slight brownish green color. It wasnt as dark though. I flipped over and covered my head with the pillow. My fingers touched the corner of a paper. I shifted my weight to my elbows as I looked at the bubbly hand writing.

It said: hey baby. You look cute when you sleep. I'm going to go to work for the first time. Wish me luck xoxo

-chip

I smiled and pushed onto my knees. A cold breeze reached my bare thighs. I shivered and took a sprint to the shelf. I pulled on my boxers and let my shoulders fall. I didn't plan on doing anything today. I yawned, forcing my lips open. Gosh my whole body ached and was still about the same from when woke up yesterday. I rubbed my eyes concentrating on her name and smiled. Layla styles I grinned. I planned on marrying her. It was just a matter if time. So many things had happened to us. I release that noone could be better for me then her. I looked down at at my hand and traced over the outline of my other hand. I lingered only at the places her hand would touch. She doesn't realize how important she is to me. Her small freckles, the crinkles by her eyes when she smiles, her thighs, her waist, her fingernail. Everything about her was perfect.

I grinned and felt my dimples pop out. A bang filled the room. My head flew up so fast it hurt. My eyes scanned around the room. There was a lamp on the floor. The glass from the lightbulb shattered all over the floor. I said the only thing I could think of.

"Hello?" Of course like I suspected there was no reply. I tumbled off the mattress and onto the floor. I walked slowly over to the lamp, my head was still spinning from the lack of oxygen I was taking in. I reached out toward the red lamp and caught hold of it. A brisk pain made me jump back. The small cut the glass created blood flowed. It wasnt a big cut but it was deep. A trail of scarlet liquid swam down my wrist. I couldn't take my eyes away from it. I watched as it got thicker and the faint light through the blinds reflected it. It left a simple spark that made it hard to tear away from. It ran down my forearm and onto my elbow. I watched the blood clot and into the form of a droplet and drop from my arm. It hit the gray floor and another smash made me jump. The door closed with a slam. It wasnt open before. Then a scream. It wasnt the kind of scream in scary movies.bit was a male scream. A bloody murder scream. I got up and ran down the hall towards the source of the noise. Another small room that we were going to make a nursery out of seemed like the center. I flung open the door but nothing was there. Just boxes. Boxes of stuff.

"Hello, is anyone in here?" I whispered. "Do you need help?" I said a little louder. I feared the killer or the patient would hurt me. Or just be there.

"No. But you do." I hear a small girl voice say behind me. My blood turned ice cold. I wanted to turn around. The hair on the back of my neck stood up instantly. It's like I could feel the breath on my neck. I closed my eyes and clenching my fist hoping this presence would go away. I was shaking from fear flooding my body. I slowly turned my head. There is someone behind me. I could feel them. I could hear them. I could almost smell the frost dripping off my ear. My head swiveled around and noone was there. Not a trace of anything.

I leaned over and threw up all over the floor. I heaved. My stomach hurt and my brain was closing down.

"Layla I need you. Layl-" I threw up again. I stumbled over to the phone and I dialed the number before the inevitable came.

"Help." I whispered into the phone before i was on the floor again. My vision was black. The phone dangling from the cord.

Layla's point of view

"Help." I heard the words come out of the phone. I knew that voice. Those words. My voice hitched in my throat as I tried to breathe.

"Harry!" I yelled into the phone. "Harry, are you okay?" There was no answer on the side of the phone. There was a thump and I dropped my phone. My fingers were shaking and I grabbed my coat.