24

Traj.

"Don't make her drink too much." I scolded Helix who's still giving Sylu glasses of champagne happily.

"I think you're too late to say that." Cal said sitting cross legged in front of them.

Kunot ang nuo na lumipat ako ng pwesto mula sa likudan nila papunta sa kanila mismong kinauupuan. "Helix!" i called him. He looked at me with sleepy eyes, I just slapped my own forehead for it. He's drunk.

Sylu suddenly stood up and coped my face. "Why hurt yourself, t-rex?" she asked, sounding like a kid and pouting. My brows furrowed and my eyes settled on her face, traveling down to her red glossy lips. "T-rex why are you looking at me like that?"

I averted my gaze, covered my eyes with my hand. This woman really is provocative.

"Let's get you home, Sylu." I told her knowing she's already lost her inhibition.

"Later! T-rex, sit down."

"Why?"

"Just sit down." she said. I just followed because she's like a kid asking favor to his dad. She took her phone out and opened it, went to an app and let us look into it. "Look nyo, my secret account." she said. Then faced me, putting her index between her lips, hushing. I nodded. 

"Follow ko kayo, follow nyo din ako." she, then, gave me her phone. "Your username!" she demanded. I typed my username and followed my account using hers. Then she handed it to Cal, "You type your username too, I can't see letters." she said and laughed. sumunod sya at ganun din ang pinagawa kay Helix.

"Let's go na, t-rex." she stood up and held my hand. "Bye, Helix!"

"Bye, Syl." he replied.

We peacefully left the room, and the venue. The party's still not over but I have to get Sylu home already. I was carrying her in a bridal style because she's stumbling when she tries to walk. I gently put her on the passenger seat and buckled her seatbelt.

I also get in after that, "Where should i send you, Sylu?" I faced her but I saw her deep asleep. "How do I send you home now? How about at my house?" I shook my head, having no choice. I drove off to my house.

When we got in I laid her on my bed, arranged the bed for her and took off her heels. "Good night, Sylu."

I left her there to take a shower, when I came back she's still sleeping softly. I laid next to her, resting my back on the headboard, I turned on the lampshade and took my laptop on my bedside cabinet. I emailed my employees that I already left so they won't be searching for me after the party.

In the middle of the night I hear Sylu moaning in discomfort so I put down my laptop to lower the blanket on her. She's sweating a lot even though the air conditioner is on.

"Ma..." she called. "Mama, don't." a lone tear fell from her closed eye. Is she having a nightmare?

I tapped her shoulder to wake her up. "Sylu. Sylu wake up," i continued tapping her.

Then, she suddenly got up breathing heavily. "Mama..." she said, eyes wide open, then she looked at me when she probably noticed she's in an unfamiliar place. I handed her a glass of water from my mini fridge.

She drinks it while I caress her back. "Are you okay now?" I asked.

Sylu held her head, "Ah, fuck." she said. A hangover?

I get up from bed, "Wait here, I'll get you medicine." but Sylu held my wrist before i even walk away.

"Later, please stay here for a while." she said. I nodded and sat back on the bed. "I'm assuming i'm in your house but how did i end up here?" she asked.

"You drank with Helix, I didn't know your tolerance was low, that's why I let you drink with him. That guy really, you're both hard headed." I shook my head unbelievably.

Sylu chuckled, "Don't blame him. I'm sorry you have to take me with you."

"It's not like I'll leave you there."

She chuckled quietly. She went silent and then turned her head to me. "Aren't you going to ask what I dreamed of?" she asked. I shook my head. She smiled, "Then, I'll just tell you. I've never told it to anyone before so you'll be the first one to hear it." she smiled at me. "Before the name Syl Nemesis was known globally, she was just a young teenage girl. Syluviene, who's never tasted the rest and relax. Before, all I did was practice and study. I was never actually aware of the world around me. I am practicing to be the best ballerina that my mom wanted me to be, it was my mom's dream but because of an unfortunate accident she was never able to dance again so she trained me to learn and be a good ballerina dancer like her."

"I never hated my mother for that because I also love what I'm doing. Especially when an old friend of hers showed me my mom's video dancing, she was really amazing, she's dancing smoothly and gracefully. Even if she's strict, I know she loves me more than I do." a tear fell from her eye that she immediately wiped off.

"I never hated my mom until an accident happened, the day before my competition. We were practicing in our studio when a fire broke in. We're able to leave immediately but she decided to get back inside because we left the costume I'll wear for the competition. And guess what?" she looked at me, smiling sadly. "She wasn't able to get back to me, she's stranded inside, the fire grew bigger. They weren't able to save her. That's why I hated my mom, she never thinks of herself first, it will always be her dream."

"I hated my mom for leaving me in this cruel world I wasn't aware of before. But whatever anger i want to feel i can't do, i just miss her badly every time i remember her."

"Everything will heal, Sylu. For sure your mom is so proud that you made it all by yourself." i pull her into a hug as she started sobbing. Everything heals... i hope i do too.