Epilogue

Traj.

"Syl Nemesis!" people applaud at the name that echoed in the whole venue. A woman who carries elegance walked on the stage. My surroundings stopped. She's beautiful as ever, never fading.

It's been three years since I last heard of her so seeing her now holding a microphone in front of half a hundred people, delivering her speech surprises me. Not only because it's my first time seeing her after a while but also because this event is for people who own a company.

I stared at her without letting my eyes off her. How have you been these past years, Sylu?

My mind's flying the whole time until she finished her speech and the awarding ended. I got off the restroom still drying my hands with toilet paper when I bumped into someone. "Sorry." we apologize in unison since it looked like we're both not looking at where we're going. I was dazed by the familiarity of the voice so I looked up. Syl was standing in front of me. The sides of my lips rose. "Sylu..." a word left out of my mouth.

Syl seemed surprised to see me too because her mouth opened a little and shock was visible in her face. She panicked and was about to walk past me but I held her wrist. The force moved her closer to me, I smelled the same scent she had back then. It's really her, no doubt.

"Please let go of me, I don't want anyone to see us." she worriedly said.

I slowly took my hands off her but I faced her. "Can we at least talk?" I asked.

She immediately shook her head. "There's nothing to talk about." her voice are cold as ice.

"Sylu, I can't. I can't forget about you." napaigtad sya sa aking sinabi, she looked surprised that i called her by the nickname i gave her. I tried to catch her eyes, "I'm sorry." I said.

Syl looked down, "Stop." her voice lowered. "I'm already over it."

What she said broke me because I can't, I am not over her. It may sound stupid, well i really am stupidfor only knowing I love her after she's gone. I hurted her but I'm still hoping. "Sylu, I'm sorry I'm late. I love you." I said caressing her wet cheeks. She's crying, again. She closed her eyes as if feeling the touch on her face. My heart's slowly being ripped apart.

"I missed you." I pulled her to a hug she let me. "Can we try again?" I asked.

She buried her face in my chest and slowly shook her head, she's slowly pulling away. "You're too late, Traj. We can't. I am already happy with the life I have now. I am successful, I am happy, my heart is in good care. If only... if only you came back sooner. If only you listened, if only you stayed when I needed you, iIf only you were there when I was nothing, I'll take you back even if you hurt me, even if there's nothing left in me, even if I'm already torn into pieces, but you didn't. I'm sorry too, but we can't fix things that is already torn and buried a long time ago." she pushed me away, Syl turned her back at me but i held her back.

That's when I realized how she felt when she's chasing me. I feel desperate. "Why, Sylu? Napagod ba kita? I'm sorry, pero nandito na ako. Aren't you happy?" i asked, while tears came out of my eyes one after another.

She looked at me, Syl wiped the tears off her face. "Yes, Traj, I am tired. If that's what you want to hear. Napagod na ako sa lahat ng bagay, yung mabilis na pagkalat nung scandal, it caused me to lose everything i have. My modeling, my passions, it all let me go. I am so lost that i only wanted you but you didn't. I have nothing but there's people who believed in me.  They build this new person in front of you right now, kaya wala ka nang babalikan kasi wala na yung dating ako. The old Syl is long gone."

"But I'm still holding on to our memories. Syl, I still have you." I said.

"No." a voice that's familiar but I cannot point out, interrupt us. I angrily searched where it came from then I saw a man in a tuxedo approaching us. He fought back the stares I darted at him while he slowly removed my hand from Syl.

"B-Braker." Syl uttered, she fanned herself before facing him. "You should have waited for me there."

He didn't mind what Syl said but instead he looked at me, "What are you doing to her?" he asked.

Syl held his hand and I saw that she purposely intertwined their hands. "Just let him go.""Was he the reason?" I unbelievably asked.

"He stayed. I don't have to tell you everything but I want to let you know one thing, he is my ally. He's the one who listen and understand the things what I've been through."

Then they both left. I was left alone. If only, really. I love her too late. she loved me too early. We fell in love in the wrong time, that's why we have regrets. I have regrets because I can't let go. I'd go back in time and change it, but I can't.

Allied | Epilogue | The End

by eraeserhen