22

Syl.

"Will you invite her?" I asked Tragic who's busy on his phone while we dine together in the cafeteria. He turned his gaze to me and shook his head. Even if i don't mention a name he already knows who i am pertaining to.

I moved closer to him. "Bakit naman hindi? It's for closure." pagpilit ko.

Tragic looked at me. "Closure? For what? There was never us."

I pouted, "Suggestion lang e, ba't ka inis?"

"I am not."

"You sounded like one."

"Sylu stop, it will only lead to an argument."

"Hala, how did you know?" I asked faking a shocked reaction before rolling my eyes at him. "Ang boring ng life mo, wala kang kaaway."

Tragic shook his head, smiling, "Just eat." he said and fed me the spoon on my plate with food. I replied with a hmph expression and continued eating.

Usually, i only drink coffee in my desk while reviewing the files i have in my break times or go to the lobby to scroll on my phone, but the other day Tragic saw me skipping meals and still working so he told me to eat but his words just come in my right ear and exited to the other side, yesterday he caught me again so he insisted to take me to a lunch with him just like today.

Natapos na ang break time kaya bumalik na ako sa office, nauna na ako dahil may kailangang sagutin na tawag si Tragic.

I arranging the files on my table when Billie suddenly showed next to me. "Oh my God!" I said holding onto my chest.

"Ang layo ko pa sayo nagugulat ka na agad." tumawa sya.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"I saw you with Sir Traj, magkasama na naman kayo.  Sure ka bang walang something sa inyo?"

Kumunot ang noo ko sa tanong nya. "Get lost, you're at it again."

"Because it looks that way to me." 

"Whatever you think."

"So it's true?"

"Ewan ko sayo." I said, shaking my head while pushing him away. When he finally left I sat on my chair, shoulders down.  

━━━━━━ ☼ ━━━━━━

"Happy anniversary, Traj!" I said as I walked towards him to kiss him on the cheeks.

Tragic laughed. "If you put it that way it will sound like we're in a relationship."

I rolled my eyes, "Edi congrats kasi anniversary ng company mo." i said sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest.

Tragic was still laughing when he suddenly put his arm over my shoulder. I felt his cold hand touch my skin because of my black halter gown. "Don't be tampo na, I can't suyo you right now there's a lot of guests that need to be welcome." he said.

"I don't need your suyo, t-rex." i told him, copying his conyo accent.

"Oh, you're calling me that again. I missed it, you always call me Tragic because you're always angry."

Sinamaan ko sya ng tingin. "I'll just go home if you'll only ruin my mood."

"Don't, I'm sorry. Stay with our employees for now. I'll see you later." Tragic's hands travel down to my waist and tapped me. I replied a nod and left, hindi naman na sya nagsalita at hinayaan na ako.

I went on the table where some of the employees were crowding. "Good evening guys." I greeted them.

"Ms. Syl, you came." Andie greeted me.

I nodded and smiled, "Of course." I replied.

"Let's toast everyone, for TSN's anniversary and Ms. Syl's retirement soon." Marcus raised his glass facing his colleagues. Some replied in unhappiness.

"Hey, why are you guys feeling down? There's still a month for us, hindi naman ako agad-agad na mawawala, and tonight's supposed to be fun, we're celebrating together, and i'm celebrating with you." I smiled at them.

They all looked at me before turning to each other, they nodded and smiled then they raised their glasses. "For the remaining time with Ms. Syl and to the 6th year of 'TSN. Cheers!"

"Cheers!" we said altogether and toast our glasses.

"Ms. Syl inom ka pa, the night's young." Billie said.

I shook my head. "I can't, I'm driving myself back." I smiled.

"Then, we'll send you home---" Billie was cut off when Tragic suddenly spoke up.

"Don't push her if she says she doesn't like to." Tragic interfere.

Everyone was shocked for Tragic suddenly showing up except me because I already felt his presence earlier.

Nagtataka na lamang ako kung bakit hindi pa din nawawala ang ekspresyon sa kanilang mga mukha hanggang sa mapansin ko na may tinitingnan sila kaya sinundan ko kung saan iyon nakatingin.

Then, I saw Tragic's hand on my waist that everyone was looking at. I slowly take it off and looked at him while he gave me a questioning look.

Later, I noticed everyone suddenly shifted eyes from us to the people walking toward us. "Ms. Reese!", everyone from our table welcomed them.

Reese? The ex-secretary of Tragic?

Out of curiosity I also looked at them, I saw a woman wearing a simple white gown clinging her arm to the man next to him. My eyes widened as I knew who the man was. Bentril Curoso, local actor and also the man who's rumored to be whom I am dating that caused to almost ruin my career.

I can't believe this, why are they together? Why is he here?

I scoot over Tragic to whisper to his ear. "Did you invite her?" I asked.

Tragic silently shook his head, staring at the woman who just walked in.

So, self invite? No, maybe she remembers the company's anniversary that's why she's here. I saw how everyone was happy at what they were seeing, they looked so jubilant.

Reese and Bentril walked towards us. Reese smiled at me when she saw me so I smiled back. "Hi, Traj--- I mean, Sir Traj?" Reese started.

Tragic jumped a bit like he was so surprise that Reese was suddenly standing in front of him. 

"Just Traj or Tragic would be fine, you're not a stranger to me, anyway." he replied, I was amazed that he managed to reply keeping his cool. Then, Reese gazed at me like she was waiting for me to introduce myself. "She's my---" I cut Tragic and answered her myself.

"I'm Syl, I'm also a guest." I smiled at them.

Reese nodded and motioned to Bentril, "This is probably out of context and for sure you guys already know him but let me properly introduce him to you. He's Bentril, my boyfriend." she confidently said.

For sure right now Tragic and I are both figuratively jaw dropped.

We're both silent for a moment before I slowly nodded, "Congrats." I just said because things are not currently processing right in my mind right now.

"Thank you, we just greeted you here, we'll find a table for us now." Reese smiled.

"Sure," Tragic replied and leaned over to her to kiss her. I noticed the gentle motion of his hand placed on her waist.

My chest clenched at the sight. It hurts as I see it in actual because I thought I could bear it while I imagined it before.