05

Traj.

"Sir, applicants are already in the interview room, or should I come with you there?" Reese, my secretary, greeted me with a small smile.

I shook my head and gestured to her to stop. "I'll be fine, and it's already lunchtime, maybe you should go first." I told her and tried to hold her but when she saw me raise my hand she immediately stepped back.

I like Reese, my secretary. She doesn't want more than an employer-worker relationship. And that's probably why she's leaving her work.

She's been with me for almost half a decade. And I knew from when I first saw her that I already love her and I still do. That not only made her my secretary because she's also good at everything and she presents herself so well.

Reese looked at me warily before she started stepping backwards and turned away, slowly disappearing from my sight. I just gave her up and went to the interview room where i should be right now. Pagkadating ko sa labas ng nasabing kwarto ay nakita ko mula sa bintana ang babaeng ini-interview. Napahawak na lang ako sa aking sentido habang pinapakinggan ang kanyang pagsagot, pati yung sumunod sa kanya at yung iba pa.

I didn't like any of them, they don't suit to be my next secretary. Inabot na ng hapon ay wala pa rin akong napipili, siguro bukas na lang ulit baka may mas maayos pa sa mga ito. "Thank you for your time, we'll just contact you soon for other details." the interviewer said.

Finally, today's done already. I loosen my necktie and lean back on a swivel chair. "Sir, here's the resume of our applicants today, please review them and give us your opinion." Reese entered my office and placed a pile of folders on my table. I just nodded at her and she left immediately. I review all the papers, not letting a word out of my eyes. I spent hours reading not to realize that the sun was already out.

Tumingin ako sa labas ng bintana at nakitang madilim na ang kalangitan at mga gusali na ang nagbibigay liwanag sa labas. Tumayo ako at tumingin sa aking relos, tapos na ang working hour kaya lumabas ako upang masiguro na wala ng tao na naiwan. Pagbalik ko sa aking opisina ay may ilan pang folders ang natitira sa desk ko kaya umupo na ako ulit sa aking swivel chair upang tapusin iyon. Nababagot na ako sa pagbabasa hanggang sa umabot ako sa huling folder.

My eyes widened because of what I saw. Amuse was evident in my face. "Syluviene Nemesis..." I finally found you.