28

Syl.

"Bye, Ms. Cai." I turned my back to her after I took my purse.

"You don't have a car, how are you gonna get home?" Cai asked.

I stopped from walking away and looked back. "He will pick me up." I smiled at her.

She nodded after understanding what I said, she immediately knew who I was pertaining to without even mentioning a specific name.

"Napapadalas na kayong magkasama ah, Syl. Mag-ingat ka."

"Saan naman ako mag-iingat? Sa paparazzi? Don't worry ate Cai, we're careful."

"Maliban doon." she paused. "I know you like him already, be careful of your heart baka mahulog ka masyado di ka nya masalo."

Her words were like an alcohol spilled on my fresh wound, it stung. I know it, but I knew better. I got teary eyed and I walked closer to her to give her a tight hug. "I will be careful for possibilities, I will take care of my heart from him.'' I tapped her shoulders. "I'll go now." I said and left the building.

Before I entered the parking lot I first made sure that no one was following me. I took my phone from my purse and looked at the GPS Traj sent me. When I found where he parked his car I knocked on his door, he unlocked it so i could go inside, and i sat next to the driver's seat.

We went silent for a moment then in just a blink of an eye his lips already captured mine, it moved gently and softly as it touched every side of it. He held the back of my head to make the kiss deeper, he pulled me closer and made me sit over his lap, i wrapped my arms around his neck as we continued kissing each other like hungry wild beasts, we were both eager for each other and the kiss lasted until it left us both breathless.

Pinagdikit ni Tragic ang aming mga nuo kaya ang bawat hiningang lumalabas sa aming mga bibig ay dumadampi sa mukha ng isa't isa. He patted the top of my head as i rested it over his chest, i wrapped my arms around his waist and listen to the beat of his heart.

We've been like this since last week, we tried working things out between us. We meet after work and have dinner together but if we can't because of our busy schedules, we just call each other through the phone.

"Should we go now?" he asked. I nodded and went back to the passenger seat. I was fixing myself when he spoke again, "Where should we eat?"

I stopped what i'm doing to think, "I'm craving a medium cooked steak." I told him.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a diet now since you're working again."

"Hmp. You're being like my manager, I barely eat, just give it to me this time.'' I pouted.

"Okay okay, we'll cheat only for today."

"Yes, thank you." I snicker after answering. Tragic maneuvering his car while shaking his head.

We ate in a fine dining restaurant and went home after that, to his house to be specific. Tragic just finished showering, now we're both lying on his bed next to each other. He's busy in front of his laptop as I just stared into space.

"What's wrong? Can't sleep?" he asked.

I smiled at him while shaking my head. "Nothing, just thinking about things." I answered.

"Want to talk about it with me?" he closes his laptop and turns all his attention to me. My heart fluttered at the small thing he did.

"I'm fine, you can continue with that, I'll sleep now." I said and turned off the lampshade beside me and covered myself with the comforter.

"Come closer." I opened my eyes because of what he said, I turned myself at him and saw him tapping the space next to him. "Sleep next to me."

"But you're still doing something." I said.

"I can finish this with you next to me." Tragic answered.

My heart is still beating so fast. I went closer to him and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep, while his left arm is under my neck and his right arm is used for typing on his laptop.

We try to work our relationship without a string that ties us to each other. We want to commit but we can't. There's a lot of obstacles, we don't want to hurt each other, we settle for the barely minimum we want because we want to be with each other even if there's no assurance.

It reminded me of the lyrics from one of Taylor Swift's song .

"We're happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time. It's miserable and magical, oh yeah."