⇄ 16 ⇄

"what do you mean chenle has really been kidnapped?!" jisung yelled, anger building inside of him at everything he was learning.

"let's remain calm- "

"calm?!" jisung repeated. "chenle has been kidnapped!"

"jisung, calm down." jeno spoke sternly, making the younger member realise how he had reacted. "let's listen to what manager-nim has to say."

nct dream's manager nodded slowly as all the boys looked up at him, waiting for a more detailed explication than the flash news they had seen on tv.

"we were contacted by the police after chenle's mother reported his kidnapping. apparently, someone would have hit their car and then taken chenle. her mother immediately called the police, and they started an investigation right away. they called us to warn us after a while, and here we are now."

the six boys stayed silent after their manager's words.

all of them had their eyes widened in shock except jisung who was fuming in anger because he had an intuition on what was really happening, and this meant nothing good.

"w-what are we going to do now...?" renjun asked worriedly. "will chenle be alright...?"

"i really hope so." the manager sighed. "the police told us he had most likely been kidnapped by a mafia. they keep striking these days."

jisung gulped the lump in his throat.

his mafia, death park, was the main suspect.

but they were innocent. they would never attack chenle, jisung wouldn't let any of them.

but he couldn't stand up right now, yelling that the responsible for all this mess was dark danger. he knew it, but he couldn't. not now.

nct was too much of a mess for jisung to add them another problem.

"you guys need to be extra careful. all idols' activities are cancelled for a few days, and we'll surely postpone the date for glitch mode. and it's not just you, guys. other idols have started a hashtag 'find chenle' that is trending on social networks." the manager continued. "the whole country is affected by this."

"so... what happens now?" sungchan asked timidly, his heart beating fast in anticipation. none of the boys was in a good state right now.

"i'm going to talk to 127 and wayv to explain everything to them. we'll surely have a meeting with sm and all the other managers tomorrow." the manager explained. "for now, i want all of you to stay safe here. no one steps out of the dorm under no circumstances. chenle's kidnapping is already a national heartbreak, and we don't want another to occur."

five of the boys nodded energetically – jisung had his head lowered while he bit the inside of his cheek in anger.

he didn't want to explode in front of the others, so he was holding himself, but he was on the verge of a mental breakdown right now.

"bye guys. stay safe, and call me if anything happens, alright?"

and with that said, the manager walked out of the dorm, leaving a long silence behind his back.

jisung walked to the front door, locking it before heading to his bedroom under 5 pairs of eyes.

he slammed his door shut and locked it, making sure that none of his members would try approaching him.