⇄ 27 ⇄

"jisung, your phone is ringing!" a voice yelled from across the dorm, making the youngest boy come rushing from chenle's room to answer it.

he frowned at the unknown caller before deciding to pick up anyway.

"hello?" he spoke, heading towards a calmer place where he wouldn't be disturbed by donghyuck's whining or lucas' screams.

"woah, i thought i would never have you on the phone again..."

jisung's frown intensified as he didn't recognise the voice that had just spoken.

"i'm sorry, but... you are...?"

"come on we didn't speak for six months! that's how long it took for you to forget about your godfather?!"

jisung's eyes widened in surprise as a beaming smile appeared on his face.

"heesun! oh my god i hadn't recognised you!"

"yeah, i figured out." the man laughed. "and you never called me either."

"i disactivated my phone. i didn't want anyone to know where i was." jisung explained. "but i'm back now."

"i know. i saw the announcements on tv."

it had been a few months since jisung had come back to the nct dorm after a whole year of giving no news to anyone.

it had been a few months since everything had become better.

a few days after coming back, jisung went to see nct's manager and ceo of their record agency with the whole band. they had had a long talk, and taeyong had explained that nct wasn't nct without jisung, and that it didn't matter to them whether he was a former mafia leader, because he was still the same jisung they all considered as their baby brother – except for chenle, of course.

the manager and ceo couldn't refuse. he had nothing to lose anyway, nct had already lost its fame, and he had nothing to get from them. he knew nct did music because they were passionate about it; and in fact, it was the same for him. he had created this agency because he had always wanted to open one, and he was passionate about music.

and thanks to all the troubles that had tarnished nct's reputation, he had been able to make his wish come true and become a real company, dealing with interviews and shows, and planning concerts and events. sure, nct wasn't the famous boy band that it used to be, but he couldn't care less about it. as long as both nct and him were doing what they liked the most in the world, he was okay.

so, jisung had joined nct again soon after coming back to the dorms.

his return hadn't been announced directly, but nct was secretly training and working on a new album while promoting their latest one.

it took them a few months to create a new mini-album with jisung being part of it. and the day of the release, the remaining fans of nct learnt that park jisung, former leader of death park, was back.

jisung recalled that day so well. whether it is the way all the media became suddenly obsessed with nct and his return, the amount of information that was spread through the internet, but mostly the faces of fans that had come to see their first representation. jisung would never forget about that.

of course, jisung coming back had started new problems, and nct's popularity decreased again, but none of the members could care less about it. they were all so ecstatic about singing and dancing together, as a family, that they paid no mind to what the others thought about it.