02

DON'T WANNA BE A
BAD GUY
I'M JUST A LONER
BABY

Slowly my eyes flutter open, and in a matter of seconds the side of my neck begins to sting, and my head aches like I'd been hit by a bus

I can feel a range of emotions arise around me, fear, anger, and confusion, even engulfed in bitter sour feelings I could sense things like interest or longing.

I push away the surrounding emotions, for once I wanted to feel my own feelings.

I keep myself quiet, and recall the last of what I remember.

I had knocked him down, the mean but incredibly attractive vampire, he was definitely down, and angry. Raging even.

I feel myself sigh at the failed attempts to recall my last events, I clearly didn't get away, so someone or something must've stopped me.

I eventually grow impatient with myself and shuffle to pull myself awake, and sitting up I find myself laid across a pool table, my vision was blurry, incredibly blurry, I couldn't make out a single presence.

I find myself glancing around vigorously attempting to find a stable place to focus my eyes.

"You were lucky I came back." A low voice mumbles from beside me, and instantly my attention falls to, two blurry male figures approaching me, almost in slow motion.

"You're quite the opponent love." An all too familiar British accent fills my ears, and I almost shudder at the sensation just his voice gave me.

"You're quite the prick love." I mock in response, reciprocating his accent at the same time. The vampire chuckles in response, and once again I feel myself wanting to shudder at his voice, but I don't.

I pull my hand to my neck, as it was screaming for attention. My vision finally begins to settle, and I can make out clearly the shapes around me.

Unfortunately not too far away from me was the wolf I had intended to save, but he was motionless. I felt nothing from his aura, and not a single thought radiated from his mind.

I felt my heart sink at his demise, my blood boiling and freezing at the intense emotions I withheld. I pull my eyes away from his lifeless body and glance down to the hand I had just placed on my neck.

It was covered in blood, thick, almost crusty blood, implicating I was hurt hours ago. "You blood suckers bit me." I glare the vampires down, and every last inch of the room grew invisible.