05

I   F E E L   S T U P I D   A N D   C O N T A G I O U S 

Damon stopped by Elena's house on our way to his, and I decided it was best for me to wait in the car whilst he spoke to her

Damon stopped by Elena's house on our way to his, and I decided it was best for me to wait in the car whilst he spoke to her. Elena still seems a bit provoked by me. I don't want to make her any more uncomfortable than she already is. 

He wasn't gone long anyway, it was maybe five minutes and he was out the door and in the car. "Did you change the radio?" The vampire questions right away. He was trying to mask his emotions, thinking he can distract me like a dog. 

"Nope." I respond popping the "P" with my lips. I find his eyes as he starts the car, before he could put it in reverse I lay my hand on his. "Are you going to be okay?" 

"I'm fine." He absolutely wasn't- but I'm not going to pry. "but I do have a request for you." I roll my eyes and a smile pops on my face. The entire ride to his house, Damon was trying to convince me to attend Elena's high school to "protect" her if something were to happen.

"I won't Damon" I basically growl at the vampire, glaring up at him. "Please Mae, for me." His voice was sincere, he fully believed with everything in him that this was the best way to protect Elena. 

"Damon, high school?" I question with disbelief written all over my face, in attempts to make him change his mind but he doesn't budge. His icy blue eyes were like daggers, and they were lunged into my chest.

 "Fine.. but tell me how I am supposed to help protect Elena?" I mutter at first but my voice grows back to its regular volume. "Are you kidding? Mae you're a little ninja elf with magic powers. You're the perfect bodyguard no one will suspect you." He smirks turning away from me, proud of himself for winning this fight and getting what he wants. 

"How am I even supposed to get enrolled in school in time?" I start throwing my arms up in frustration, pacing the room. "Doesn't it start up in a week or something?" I finished running my hands through my hair and stopping right behind Damon. 

"In two days actually" He responds, turning to face me with a glass of bourbon at his lips. "I'm sorry?" I throw back in response, my tone raising in shock. 

"It starts in two days, but luckily you're already enrolled." Damon perks up laying his glass down and making his way to the kitchen area. 

I follow again in complete bewilderment. The vampire shuffles threw some drawers in the kitchen when his eyes sparkle in contempt. 

"You didn't?" I question but I was already convinced. "Oh I did." The blue eyed fool passes a couple of papers my way and I take them in my hand. 

"I also took the pleasure of giving you the exact schedule that Elena has." Damon tilts his head looking for some kind of response out of me.

I fumble around in my head at what I should say, he knew this whole time he could manipulate me into saying yes because he knows I care too much.