15

[a/n: 10 more comments on this story and the prologue to I Needed You is released! remember that! anyways, enjoy]

My eyes flickered open as I felt my entire body fill with a tingling sensation.

"Oh thank god. She's back, guys!" Jake shouted from above me before jogging out of the room, and that's when I realized I was now laying on the floor.

"What's going on?" I asked as I pushed myself into a sitting position. It took only a look at Colby's bloody, unconscious body for everything that happened to come flooding into my mind.

"Is he going to be alright?" I asked urgently, though nobody responded.

Everyone was crowded around him, as many people as there could possibly be were trying to see him. We were still on the floor in the office, and there were people I didn't recognize.

I felt arms engulf me in a side hug, and a familiar voice I never thought I'd hear again in my ear, "He's going to be alright. Luckily, Xepher knows what she's doing,"

As she said that, the room fell into a greater emergency as Corey shouted, "Guys, I can't find his pulse! I had it just a second ago and it's not here anymore!"

Within that second, I shot myself over to where everyone was, watching as Devyn reached for Colby's neck with two fingers. Though her motions were rushed and her hands were visibly shaking, her voice came out calmly, "Corey, you were looking on the wrong side. It's easier to find the pulse on the right side of his neck," She gave him a warm smile as he sighed out in relief.

I didn't know what to do. I wanted to help so bad because I cared about Colby's wellbeing yet I knew nothing about how to get the bullet out of him. I wanted to put my hand back into his and whisper encouraging things but it wasn't my place to, and another girl I didn't recognize was doing the similar things already.

She had long, jet black hair and plump lips. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of dark and her skin's tan fit her body perfectly. This girl was by his head, letting her fingers fall through his hair.

I knew how much Colby hated that, to have someone else touch his hair. Jake ruffled his hair once and Colby threatened to shoot him, so I knew not to mess with him like that.

Though this was something the girl was probably only doing because Colby was unconscious, I realized the fiery feeling in my gut was jealousy. She should not be touching him. Colby grabbed my hand, not hers. She had no right to be doing that to him.

"Guys," Xepher said, her tongue poking slightly out onto her lip as she concentrated on getting the bullet out of Colby's chest, "I got it, nobody move,"

The room fell silent as Xepher used the tweezer-looking tool to grab the bullet, and we waited in climatic silence as she slowly lifted it straight out of his chest.

Katrina's hands, covered with a papertowel, were held out by Xepher for her to place the piece of metal in. Once it was in her hands, she began to gently wipe the blood away while Xepher began to clean up his chest.

"Yep, it's all here. Nothing left in him," She held out one of her hands to Sam, who quickly put a glove on it so she could pick up the bullet. It shined in the angle of the lighting, almost as if it wasn't very used.

Corey was staring narrow-eyed at the bullet, concentrating. I felt a shiver run up my spine, realizing that the sudden burst of cold air came from the windows, both in the room being shattered now.

I looked back down at Colby to see Xepher already almost down stitching him, giving instructions to Devyn, "Pull out a bandage please and take the paper off,"