24

By Friday night, we were landing in Orlando Florida. For my safety, I was not to be told what city this all was happening in and thanks to my inexperience with traveling I didn't know how to figure out anyways.

To my surprise though it shouldn't have been, Colby had a car waiting for us when we left the airport. There was nobody inside, with the keys placed strategically in the center console.

Being that I was the smallest, it was a given that I sat in the middle. Colby drove with Sam calling shotgun, and the other two were squeezed in the back with me.

"Since you are so rich couldn't we have just gotten a bigger car?" I asked as I elbowed Jake so I could put my seatbelt on. I knew that the others weren't wearing them but I don't trust Colby's driving enough not to have one on.

"No," Colby said as he began driving, not bothering to meet my eyes in the rearview mirror, "It'll cause suspicion. Anyways, here's the plan. We get in, we get out, we're back home in California tomorrow at ten in the morning. Okay?"

"How exactly is this going to work? It's only six o'clock," Corey pointed out, tapping his phone to check the time.

"It's simple," Sam answered, "Colby and I are going to wire the bombs on the third floor of the hotel, while you three are going to room four-eighteen. There should be five people in there, as long as you keep the lights off nobody is going to see your faces. Everyone will be asleep so it'll be easy peasy,"

"Then, I got us a hotel room down the street where we'll meet up," Colby picked up where Sam left off, "So before we set the bomb off, you guys will be going back to the hotel, safe and sound. Once the bomb goes off, everyone should be distracted enough that we can drive to Tampa and get a flight back to LA,"

We stayed quiet for the rest of the ten minute drive until Colby pulled the car down a fairly busy street. Sam pointed out the hotel we were staying at, a little run down thing that looked almost abandoned if it wasn't for the blinking lights that formed the word open.

"How are we going to pass the time? Surely that'll take all of twenty minutes, and like Corey said it's not even nighttime yet. Everyone will be up," I pointed out, "There's clearly a bar or something underneath the hotel,"

"We're gonna have fun. Relax, have a drink or two," Colby smirked, as if he was already imagining what he wanted.

"Oh," I slouched back in my seat, and both of the boys noticed my change in mood.

"Why are you so upset? Oh," Corey got the hint when I glared at him, and his words were filled with laughter, "OH!!! You can't drink!"

"What?" Colby snapped his eyes into the rearview mirror to meet mine, disappointment and annoyance filling his tone, "Why not?"

"I have pancreatitis," I said with a shrug. It wasn't as bad as most cases since I've had it since I was a baby, so my body was used to it.

I didn't want to tell the boys about it, but it ended up slipping to Corey one day when he was teasing me about my cramps, which weren't even cramps but stomach pains from forgetting to take my medication from the night before.

It was like lactose intolerance but in my abdomen, since its triggered by dairy products instead of alcohol like most people. It didn't make much sense to the doctors in Kentucky, so I lack much information on the topic.

"What's that mean?" Jake asked, leaning away from me like I had the plague.

"It means I can't drink alcohol. Or have dairy products," I explained, "I'll be fine, I'll just get a virgin margarita or something. You guys have fun," I looked at all of them individually.

"No. We're not drinking anymore," Colby changed his mind as we pulled up to the packed parking lot. "Let's just have fun for a little while and then get on with the plan,"

He shut the car off, yelling at the beeping noise that sounded out when we all opened our car doors.

I went out Jake's door, on the driver's side of the vehicle. Colby walked beside me, clearly keeping respectful distance since his three friends were behind us.

There was no security guard monitoring the entrance, so the five of us let ourselves in.

The place was packed with people, everyone almost shoulder to shoulder. Luckily, we didn't have to shove through too many people to get to the center of the room where there was a dance floor.

I didn't know that any of the boys, let alone Colby, liked to participate in such a fesitivty. I always figured they would be one of the people in a private room watching, sipping fancy alcoholic beverages while having girls dance on them.

But it was really fun, to let myself feel into the beat of the music. I didn't even mind that I was getting bumped around by the people next to me, but Corey and I had a mini dance competition that didn't attract too much attention from the people around us.

Even though we weren't dressed for the occasion, all five of us dressed in semi-formal attire. All of the boys were wearing a button up shirt of some type with jeans, and I was wearing jeans myself with a very flowy shirt.

It didn't matter what everyone around us was wearing, most of the girls dressed like sluts to get the males' attention. In fact, it didn't matter what anyone was doing.

What mattered was I needed to pee.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom," I shouted in Colby's ear so he could hear me over the music, and pointed in the direction of the restroom sign.

He nodded and said something I didn't pick up on, but did let our hands brush together as I began to go through the crowd of people.

I didn't even bother to say "excuse me" since I knew that most of the people were not in the right state of mind, but they seemed to realize I was trying to get past them and didn't get in my way intentionally.

I went into the bathroom, my ears beginning to ring as I adjusted to the quieter room, with the music muffled and not many people in the bathroom.

I did my business, washing my hands and leaving the bathroom quickly. It smelled like weed and I didn't want the boys to get the wrong idea.

"Oop, sorry," I said, nearly running into a dude as I was walking out of the bathroom.

"No, it's fine," I could recognize that voice from anywhere, and the person seemed to, aswell.

Because both of us turned to face each other, our expressions were similar in surprise and in genes.

My brother was standing right in front of me. In the middle of a bar hotel in Florida.

"Kavin?"