The First Adventure

Looking at the Pub in front of me, I start to get a realization that this is going to be the first time I might have to work.

Going inside I see it is as lively as when I was walking around town. The place serves several drinks that I can't order. I started to look around to see where I could sign up to be an adventurer just to see a woman looking at me.

"I've never seen you around here before, are you here to sign up to be an adventurer?" she asked.

"How did you know," I replied.  

"A lot of people come here to start their adventurers, I'll find it weird if you didn't, I mean this is the 'safest town'."

"So, what do I do to sign up?"  I asked leaning on her desk now.

"Well, I'll take you to the back and get you started," she said while leading me to a door.

Following her, I see it is a pretty small room with two chairs and one table. I sat on one of the chairs and told her I am ready.

She handed me a paper and said, "Answer all of these questions truthfully while I am gone. I'll come back with the orb." she said leaving me with the paper.

I started to put my first and last name, and my age 16. I put what weapons I am good at, and what I wanted to do while adventuring.

Once I was finishing it up, I see the lady enter again with an orb.

"This orb will test what is your highest peak skill, which is magic, strength, durability etc etc. These could change depending on the one you train more often, like muscle training or spell testing," she explained while holding the orb.

Finishing her explanation, I touch the orb. Touching it, it glowed blue shade. What  does it mean? I never seen an orb like this before, but I am hoping I have the strength attribute because I mostly use a sword.

"Blue just means you have a high aptitude for magic, but it also states on your paper that you like to use a one-handed sword. This could mean," and she paused.

"Your last name being Luccard, and having high magic compacity," she hesitated as if she is connecting all of the dots, "Are you a noble's son Richam?" she finally asked.

"Well, keep it a secret, I just came here to experience my forefathers' way of living," I said. Embarrassed about lying to the lady, it might make me look a little good at least.
"So how did you find out I am a noble."

"Well, nobles are known for their high mana, but they always waste it for swords and bows. I'll keep your secret tho, but since nobles are trained to run land, I advise you to take a role in the local government," she said giving me pretty good advise.

Because of my answer, I realize I just made myself stuck in this goal of being an adventurer. "Thank you for the advice, but" is all I said before she interrupted me.

"Well, you should be exceptional with a sword so it's not a problem being an adventurer. Just take this card and accept a quest from talking to someone like me or up on the bulletin board."

Getting out of the room, I waved bye to the lady and walked to the bulletin board she mentioned earlier. Looking at all of the missions, I realize there is no filter on what I could do.

From what I heard in other towns, they usually have a safety system in which you couldn't take task base on how the ranking. There are some advise on the paper in which tells you how many people you should bring, but it doesn't really stop you from going at it alone.

Of course, the hardest one is to kill a flaming bear, which I am definitely not doing. The only one that looks easy with a very good reward is killing a giant slug.