chapter five

Y/n pov:

pitter patter pitter patter

Why did it always have to rain on bad days? like oh great I feel like shit, but now everythings cold and dark now too whoopee. Micheal and I watched a couple episodes of the office, well I was spaced out not paying attention and Micheal was texting Jeremy. Eventually I got up and said I was tired, which was kind of a lie but he wasn't gonna know that. Sooner or later I was probably gonna have to do some sort of homework, even if I didn't feel emotionally great might as well accomplish something. It was maybe 10:00pm, the last couple hours honestly felt kind of like a blur, but I was almost done. 

bang bang bang

What the actual fuck? I turned to the ominous shape outside my window to see none other thee Connor Murphy, drenched from the rain. After shaking off the initial shock I quickly opened the window and pulled him into my room. 

"Con your soaking, how long were you outside?" you asked pulling off his soaked jacket. 
"I dunno maybe half an hour?  However it takes me to walk from my house." he said shrugging.
"You walked!? Connor your gonna get sick." you started looking through your closet for something he could wear, though it was all probably too small. "Sorry" he mumbled "Larry and Zoe were just being shitty again." he explained for context. "And I guess I wanted to make sure you were alright." 
You paused, it was kind of sweet that he cared. instead of replying you went to your door. "i'm gonna go raid Michael's closet to see if you can borrow something." you made sure to flash a soft i'm-okay smile. 

I half explained the situation to Micheal and while he didn't love the idea of lending his clothes to Connor, or my idea of letting Connor spend the night (without telling our mom of course,) he ended up agreeing "for my sake." Besides Micheal didn't mind Connor all that much (hehe they're weed bro's after all.)
I came back and chucked a Batman sweatshirt and some black sweat pants at Connor. 
"Here ya go, got the darkest clothing Micheal has, you can get changed in here, i'm gonna get some snacks." I said before abruptly leaving my room once more. 

Connors pov:

I blinked a couple times, which to be fair I shouldn't be shocked, she should. For Gods sake I came to her house without asking in the middle of the night. Real smooth Murphy. I changed into Micheal's clothes, the sweatshirt was a little short but I wasn't gonna complain. 

knock knock knock

"You wearing clothes in there?" y/n whispered through the door. "Yeah, yeah I am" I replied with a bit of a laugh. She came in with her arms full of different kinds of chips and candy (I swear she always had the best snacks.)  "Okay so me and Micheal decided you can stay the night, BUT we have to be really quiet because we're not gonna tell my mom. She'd probably freak out if she found out a guy stayed the night " she said with a small giggle. "Yeah I mean I'm sure every parent would be thrilled to know that a high teenage boy was secretly spending the night in their daughters room" I say sarcastically. "Oh yeah, but no even though my brothers gay he's allowed to have guy friends over, parents have no logic." she added. "Okay so since today was a shit lets watch a cute movie" she said pulling out her laptop. "Okay well I know nothing about cute movies so your picking" I replied. After going back and forth for a couple minutes we settled on a Pixar movie called Luca, I Hadn't seen it. Normally we never actually payed much attention to the movies we watched, normally we just made fun of them or used them for background noise while we talked about other stuff. But this time we both were completely silent, though to be fair I don't think either of us were paying attention to the movie either. We were busy thinking about the events of the day. Just two people being sad silently together. Eventually somewhere towards the end of the movie she fell asleep on my shoulder, which I didn't really know how to react to. I decided to leave her be, I mean it would be kind of rude to wake up and I didn't mind that much......

How do you know if you're falling in love with your only friend?

----------------------------------

I didn't end up changing the writing perspective, so deal with my shitty writing ig. also yes this is the first time i've added a chapter in months, sorry heheh. last note, if you enjoy the story let me know! i'd really appreciate feedback on what people think and what i should change.