The Fight pt.2

*Georgy*

Callie pushed open the guest bedroom door for me while I squeezed between her and the door with my bags. The room was fitting for the house decor. A white bed sat against the wall with light blue bedding. The walls were a light yellow almost beige with white baseboards.

"This will be your room for the night! You could sleep in Alexander's room instead if you want," Callie suggested.

I shook my head.

"This is fine," I smiled at her.

"All right then! You get cozy and I will see you tomorrow! If you need anything I'm the door just down the hall on the right," She smiled back at me.

"Goodnight," I said wrapping my arms around her.

"Night!" She hugged back.

Callie finally let go of me and left me to myself. I put my bags on the bench at the end of the bed and pulled out my pyjamas from my duffle bag. I tossed them onto the bed and stripped the clothes I had on for the day off my body. Slipping carefully into my pyjamas, I pulled the covers down the bed and turned the light switch off beside the door. My body crawled into the sheets and bundled itself in the duvet. The room was dark except for the small sliver of light coming from the streetlight outside through the curtains. My eyes fluttered closed as I felt the sleep come over me.

***

A knock from the door stirred me awake. My eyes landed on Callie poking her head into the room and smiling at me. The room was bright and filled with sunshine.

"Good morning!" She said cheerfully.

"morning," I mumbled.

"It's a little after 10, do you want to get some brunch with me and my mum?" Callie asked letting herself inside the room.

I sat up and watched her sit on the bed.

"Yeah, that sounds nice, I just need to shower and put something nice on," I told Callie.

"You don't need to dress fancy, it's just brunch," She laughed.

"Okay well then what are you wearing?" I giggled.

She tapped a finger onto her chin and looked up at the ceiling.

"Probably jeans and my University Of London jumper," She smiled.

I nodded my head.

"So casual?" I poked her.

"Yes! Now get in the shower stinky!" Callie laughed and poked me back.

"Hey! I don't stink! I just feel like I need a shower," I said pushing the blankets off of me and walking towards the on-suite bathroom.

"Whatever you say stinky!" She called to me.

I closed the door behind me and pulled my t-shirt over my head and pushing my shorts down my legs until I was bare. I reached for the facet and turned on the warm water. I waited for a bit to get the water hot and stepped inside the shower. The water glazed my body with heat as I washed my skin. The sleep from the night before washed down the drain alone with the body wash that I lathered myself in. Shortly after, I soaked shampoo in my hair and rinsed it out once it bubbled up. 

***

We sat around a round clothed table in a light yellow room. The room was filled with classy looking people. I sat between Amber and Callie and watched people fork their mouths full with food. I sliced my knife through my pancakes and stabbed it with my fork. The sweetness from the maple syrup coated my tongue as I ate. The brunch was quiet but it was comfortable.