Apologies.

*Georgy* *Saturday*

The sun beamed down on my skin as I sat in the garden. Pink and white roses surrounded me while I listened to music through the earbuds. A gush of light wind blew around the bushes making them rustle around. My hair whipped around gently with the breeze. I finally felt at peace while I sat outside. The thoughts of Alexander faded while I relaxed and took inside my surroundings. The ache in my heart has healed slightly throughout the last seven days. I wanted to have time to just myself but there was an urge to call Alexander. The urge would leave me when I began to think about all the lies he has told me. The lies made it hard for me to trust him or believe his word. 

Like clockwork, my phone began to ring. My eyes gazed down at the screen and saw Alexander's flash. The urge in my arose but I fought it off. I couldn't let him win and get his way. He needs to take accountability for his actions and this is the only way he will learn. I let it ring as I set the phone down on the bench beside me. I stood up from the bench and walked inside the large brick house. I closed the door behind me as I entered the house and took myself up to my room. 

Once I got into my room. I flopped my body on the bed and continued to listen to music. My mind wandered as I listened and got sucked into the emotions of the songs. A knock on the door interrupted my music. I popped my head up from the bed and saw Callie in the doorway. I smiled at her as I took in the white dress she was wearing from the shopping day a couple days ago. I pulled the headphones out of my ears and placed them beside me.

"So? How do I look?" She asked spinning around.

"You look beautiful," I complimented her.

She squealed and clapped her hands. Her brown curls bounced around as she jumped up and down. 

"Jeremy and I are going on a picnic today at the park, I think he's going to pop the question, something in my gut is telling me," Callie beamed.

"Well I hope he does! I can tell he loves you!" I smiled.

***

Amber, Miles and I sat around the dining table and ate silently. The silence wasn't awkward but I could tell they didn't want to talk about the elephant in the room. Alexander seemed to be the topic of the week and I just had nothing else to say about him. Even though he is Amber's son and I think we're dating, I didn't want to think or talk about him. A knock from the front door interrupted our dinner. Amber excused herself and left the dining room. Miles quietly picked at his broccoli as we sat. A familiar voice rang through the house and my heart raced as I sat dropped my fork; the cling of the cutlery startled Miles. Footsteps thumped on the hardwood floor. Alexander stopped in the doorway with Amber by his side. My eyes peered at her and back at Alexander. My mouth fell open but no word escaped them.

"Georgy, I need to speak to you," Alexander said.

"Please?" He pleaded.

I shook my head and stood up from my spot. I walked past him and up the stairs. I felt Alexander hot on my heels as I ran towards my room. I quickly shut the door and locked it. Alexander banged on the door and begged me to open it.

"Please Georgy, just let me in," He coaxed.

"I have nothing to say to you Alexander," I said through the door.

"Then just listen to me please," He spoke gently.

I paused for a minute and waited for him to speak.

"Please Georgy," He whispered through the door.

I sighed and carefully opened the door. My feet pushed myself away from the door and placed my body on the bed. Alexander pushed open the door and looked at me with worry. He slowly walked to the bed and sat beside me with a few feet between us. He was quiet for a minute but opened his mouth to speak. He closed it again and looked at me with desperation.

"What do you want Alexander?" I asked with annoyance.

"I-I," He began.

"You what?" I pushed.

"I want to talk to you," He stated.

"Then talk!" I declared.

He stopped and sighed. Alexander ran his hands through his hair and covered his face.

"I have so many things to say but I don't-I don't know where to start," Alexander explained.

"You have every right to angry with me and I understand why you are but I just want to explain myself," He added.

"I'm not angry with you, I'm fucking furious with you," I snapped.

"Enraged even," I growled.

"I know, I'm sorry I don't expect you to listen to what I have to say but just know I'm sorry, extremely sorry," Alexander pushed.

I pursed my lips together and shook my head.

"Alexander, you have no idea what you have put me through," I spoke softly.

"You pushed me aside when I needed you," I explained.

"You made me feel as if you didn't want me!" My voice raised with anger.

Alexander stayed quiet while I unloaded my anger and hurt. He took it without saying a word. The ache in my heart has disappeared entirely. The pain was finally released and it felt so good to let it out. All the feelings in me exploded like a firework and Alexander soaked it all in. As I finished the rant of a lifetime, Alexander watched me intensively.

"Georgy, I am so sorry for what I did to you," He apologized again.

"If I realized the hurt I was causing you we wouldn't be in this mess," Alexander said holding my hands.

I pulled my hands away from him and scooted farther away from him. Hurt flashed through his deep green eyes but I chose to ignore it. I wasn't sinking into him like the times I have done before. He needed to work for my forgiveness.

"You have no idea how sorry I am," He said reaching for me again. 

"I need some time to think," I whispered.

He nodded his head.

"I understand," Alexander said and stood up from his spot.

I watched him leave the room without a word. I was finally left alone with my thoughts.